(My paintings from the past two weeks, nothing special but I've enjoyed the creating process!)
You know what.
I know pretty God Damn Talented People. I thought of this as I was listening Siru on Youtube earlier today. It takes a lot for a Finn to say that one is talented in something. Finns are pretty humble and usually feel like it’s bragging to say that “I’m good at something”. Well. I have learned to say that I’m good at drawing. I’m nothing like D.C Wilson or Lana Bosak but I think I draw better than an average guy. It has taken me years and years of practice to learn to draw and express myself on the paper. I love it though. Past two weeks I’ve lived alone and in solitude so I have rediscovered the joy that art brings me. It’s funny how I'm a pretty restless person but when I draw I’m just in my own world where time doesn't matter and others don’t exist.
It takes confidence to be proud of yourself "God Dammit, I might sound selfish but I’m pretty good in this"
I have plenty of artist friends. All of them are not yet Very Successful but they are so talented that I wouldn’t be surprised if they make it big someday and some are already known by their talents.
When it comes to Siru Airistola whom I mentioned earlier – Girl knows how to sing!. Here is a clip of her singing:
">
I haven't heard Siru play live in many years but I never forget the time when she sang at high school and it was like an explosion. Her voice is incredible.
My friend Iris has played piano and singed for years. She is pretty known for her music. Few Christmases ago I got a CD from her filled with her songs and I loved it. My friend Eva is a touring around Europe with her boyfriend and singing while doing so. I’ve never heard her sing live but what I've heard from Youtube she is incredible. She studied music in Boston the same year as I was in USA.
More from:
Siru: http://www.myspace.com/thesiru
Iiris: http://iirisviljanentrio.com/
Dread of Balloons: http://www.myspace.com/dreadofballoons
Eva: http://www.myspace.com/evalou and http://www.travelinmusic.net/
Jenna is a dancer. I mean she really loves to dance and you can see it when you see her dance. Funny story is that me and Jenna started dancing at the same time like 10 years ago in City Jam along with our other friends (Emilia, Ulla, Johanna, Mari, Teija…) Ida Jousmäki was my teacher and I think she is by far the best dance teacher I have ever had/met. I do regret that I quit dancing, I wasn’t too talented but I enjoyed it. Nevertheless. I could consider starting again if Ida was my teacher. Jenna continued dancing though and now alongside with Ida they are very successful innit and it’s always such a joy to see them perform.
When I talk about Jordan and his art I have to be careful how to put it into words what he does. Jordan is contemporary artist. (Not sure if that is the right way to put it in English) When Jaimiann wants us to find answers to questions - Jordan makes us question the questions. He is very skilled with camera and he has such a beautiful voice but I think he is most skilled in questioning the world and the way we see and experience things and he puts this also into his art. I don't always see what he is seeing but he knows how to explain his thought pattern in the way that I can also understand as well. (Picture is taken by Jordan - Part of his instantiation 09')
Then there is beauty. Can one be skilled in beauty?

(First picture of Mira is taken by Anu Pietarinen and other one was in a magazine!)
My friend is Mira is really beautiful, I mean I know pretty people and handsome men but real beauty is that you don’t really understand it yourself and you are humble about it like Mira is. I’ve never heard her brag or say bad things to other nor does she ever think she is above others but when I saw a picture of her in a fashion show I was stunned of the confidence she has in her face in the picture.
Besides Mira, Katri is very beautiful and she photographs so well!
Where Mira is Audrey Hepburn classic beauty Katri is more dark and mysterious Goth beauty. Both of my friends are so beautiful and they could make it big with her looks.
Besides all the talented people mentioned above I also have friends who are talented but not making a living out of it. Such friends are Johanna1 who makes clothes and little pieces of accessories, Laura who knows how to make to most amazing food, especially deserts.
Talking of food – Mari’s amazing cakes! (Picture there is to proof it!) She is in an artist when she makes those incredible design cakes! My friend Teija is going to be an architect and Hanna is so talented in languages (She is fluent in French, German, Swedish, English and also knows little Spanish – I mean seriously!!) I might have forgotten to mention some friends, I have a lot of them and everyone is good at something but people that I mention by name were just some that came into my mind as I was thinking myself as an artist and the definition of “Who’s Got Talent?”
Jenni
Photo Challenge: Photo17: Unusual photo
Odd picture of me taken in Florida 2009.
>
5 kommenttia:
Voi ihanasti kirjotat Jenni, ja kiitos paljon noista kauniista sanoista, ne merkitsee mulle tosi paljon! <3 Vaikkei olla nähty sataan vuoteen, niin oot silti mielessä :) Voi hyvin! Halein Siru
<3 Kiitos itsellesi musiikista, aina yhtä kaunista kuultavaa.Haleja ja kaikkea hyvää myös sinnepäin :)) - Jenni
Rakas Jensku, en osaa muuta sanoa kuin kiitos <3 Kehuit mua WAY too much.
Höpsis Mira. Ehkä voisit kehua vähä itseäsi välillä :)) Ihan huippu toi lehtikuva!
Emmä tykkää tehä niin,ku en näe siihen mitään suurempaa syytä :) Ja mä en tykännyt kyllä siitä lehtikuvastakaa x) mut jenni, oot ihana <3
Lähetä kommentti