Today is my moms birthday!! Yay. But as it happens, it's also my American Moms birthday as well. So Happy Birthday for the two special ladies!
But let's talk about my mom - who is awesome.
I sincerely think that my mom is the best mom that there is. Not kidding. You know the Finnish commercial where two kids yell and argue whose mom is the best mom?
">
That's how I feel about my mom.
One of my early memories of me and my mom, is the first time I went to the movies. I'm the biggest Moomin fan and Moomin movie came out at 1992. I was six years old. My mom had had an argument with dad and she wasn't really feeling like going to the movies. Then she asked me if going to the movies was something I really wanted to do right now and I said yes. (Well, to be honest, I cried and demanded that WE HAVE TO GO. And I knew mom was feeling a bit sad but didn't care, it was the Moomins!) So mom said: "Okay, then. But your dad is paying!" So my mom, tired after work and argument with my dad, called the taxi and took me to the movies. I know this doesn't sound much but for a little girl, it showed that if my mom promises something she sure as hell keeps the promise.
When I told my mom when I was 16, that I really wanted to go to USA. REALLY WANTED. She simply said, hon. We cannot send you there now, there is just way too many of us in the family and it's just too much money BUT I promise you, one day you'll get there. And I did.
Another, more fresh memory happened just few weeks ago. Me and mum spent very spontaneous day with just the two of us. We went for breakfast, lunch, shopping.. We had so much fun and it was one of those things when you know that your mom can really be your friend and my mom is one of my best friends as we talk about almost everything there is to talk about.
My mom is better than your mom but all moms' are great. Just today I saw my big sister. She is only been mom for a little while but she is amazing with it. It's funny how moms are the centre of the universe for little ones. My sister had one kid on one arm and other kid on the second and both of them were looking at her like she was their God. And for them, she is.
Linda, Jaimis' mom, is a great mom as well. I was only at New York for three weeks but she made such an impression. Best part about Linda is not that she reads the same books as I do. Or is a social worker like I'll be. But the way she takes care of other peoples kids, like me. Being close with my family, it was hard to be away from them during Christmas. But Linda, she made me feel that I was home. Thank you Linda for your kindness and I'll surely come back to see you and the rest of the family when I get the chance. And Happy Birthday.
I'm not sure if I ever want to be a mom. My mom has done so much for me and the rest of the family that it scares me to think to be giving so much of yourself for the sake of others. I just hope that one day I can be even an inch of the person my mom is today. She is beautiful, helpful, makes great food, is a great grandma, is in a good relationship, works hard for her money, travels, has lots of friends, was a single mom for a long time, took care of my and my siblings.. Just now she is helping me with selling stuff at the Flea market and is supporting me as I'm about to fly away.
Happy Birthday Mom. I'm going to miss you so much when I move away. But you are one of the reasons why I always find my way back home.
Jenni
">
2 kommenttia:
aloin itkee ku luin taas sun postausta, tai viimeistään ton spaissareitten biisin alkaessa soimaan. äitit on parhaita <3 isitkin on kyl. <3
tänään tipahti taas ihana kortti postiluukusta ja se oli - keltäs muultakaan kun vaasan kahdelta ihanasti pimahtaneelta tipulta, jotka nään VIIKON PÄÄSTÄ!!! ja kädet ilmaan o/ (en löytän toista kättä macin näppiksestä, joten vaan toinen käsi ilmaan)
enivei, ens viikol nähää, WHOOHOO!
halei, pusui ja hymykuoppii ihan hurjast teille molemmille sheikeille!
-SugarBush
ps. ton mainoksen pikkutyttö on NIIN sulonen!
OOh, Sugarbush. Oot niin herkkä. <3 Ens viikonloppuna mulla onki paljo blogattavaa ku tehotytöt on yhdessä jälleen. Istuskelen tässä olohuoneessa ja mietin tekisinkö koulutehtäviä.. taitaa yökoomat viedä voiton!
pus ja mus. Oot rakas ja pian nähään!
Lähetä kommentti