My thesis is turning into Voldermort. (Harry Potter Saga) Let me explain. For years writing it was only a distant thing, one didn't think much of it back then. It was An-Event-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Finally it came upon us be the end of third year and took everyone by surprise. But it was cunning just like Voldemort, didn't appear to us fully until later. First it was like a whisper, an IDEA that we well have encounter it at some point. Then it turned into threat you will have to do it or you won't graduate and therefore Never Leave This Place. And then it became your enemy. Thesis for me has turned into an enemy Who Just Won't Die. It's just keeps coming back over and over again until I get it over and done with completely.
My advisor is like Severus Snape, most of the time I think he sees me like I'm stupid kid and would love to smack me with a book and say "Why don't you understand". I do think he is a good man and would like me to succeed but I need to take a victory off him before I can truly win Voldermort. My mortal enemy, my thesis. (For those who have not read the books, I only say: shame on you. Because 7th book is only the best book in the world.) But Harry. He is a strong fellow. With the help of his friends he overcomes the unthinkable and (SPOILER ALERT) wins. Harry Potter finishes off Voldermort even though everyone thought Harry died and betrayed his friends. So if Harry can do it, so can i.
This Harry Potter parable is relevant for two reasons. First because I saw the movie on premiere last week with my brother. It was great as was to be expected. Amazing and awesome. Ron Weasley made me purr, odd dance scene between Harry and Hermione made me wonder and Helena Bonham-Carter as Bellatrix makes me awe.

Second reason for this relevant parable and mystical writing is that I'm determined to finish my thesis by the end of this month. That gives me four days, three of them I'll be working so I need a lot of Harry Potter like attitude. So thank you Harry Potter for giving me inspiration.
Peace Out.
Jenni
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti