This song is for the graduates :) Vitamin C - Graduation
">
I have to admit, I didn't expect to develop such ties with new people "this late" in life. But here I'm, once again saying goodbyes to my friends. I have to give out huge thank you's to all my classmates. When we first started school in 2007 I'm pretty sure none of us knew what was expected from us - or what we expected from the future.
For the first time in my life, I started school without knowing anyone but soon found myself from a fantastic set of friends. Me and the girls are not just friends in school, we are friends in life. We try to take time to meet outside school premises every now and then, unfortunately this has now become harder as we all work. But I'm hopeful that we'll remain as friends till we are too old to care.
I want to thank Tiia, Mira, Tiina, Maija and Laura for being the best girlfriends that a girl can have. We all (except Maija) leave our assignments at last minute, have low tolerance of bullshit, all agree it's necessary to end class in time (not two minutes late) and run to the cafeteria. We laugh inappropriately loud and even interview imaginative people as we are too late to interview an actual person. So thank you girls. I loved coming back from USA and having my place in the class waiting for me. Laura reading war-related books next to me and Mira complaining about how she gets hungry/is tired or is just all around restless in front of me. Tiina together with Maija are the only ones who write down notes during class. Tiia usually monitors the time and quickly informs teacher if she/he is going overtime. What do I do? I try to ignore Mira. I share dirty jokes with Laura (earning disapproving looks from Tiia) and draw. I'm going to miss these routines.
And, outside our little "click" - I liked each and everyone of my classmates. I'm grateful that I have been able to learn from you all. I think you all are going to do fantastic after school and .. most of you are going to be awesome moms one day. Thank you <3
42 people started school in 2007 in the social sciences program and around 27 is about to graduate. Six left the program to pursuit other studies/life. Three students from my class went to abroad. We have done practical training five times, places from the kindergarten/prison/rehab/nursery.
Since 2007 I have made dozen new friends. I got to know Salla and Jordan. And I deepened my friendships with Iiro and Johanna1/2. I got to know Powerpuffs and Africa people. I got to go to USA and Africa. I have gone through huge amount of classes and courses about social work. Once again, I also survived math!!
I'm a social worker now. I'm supposed to help people with my skills which is kinda funny as I still can't give out proper directions to anyone. And just today I had to call my childhood friend at 8am to help me to teach math to kids in class. (Thanks Teija)
So even though we become older, we don't necessarily become wiser. And I hope, we don't lose all that enthusiasm we had in school. None of us wants to become washed-out has been who gives out poor advice and hates their clients.
But, Class of 2010 majoring in Social Science - I salute you. You are now freed from classes, from mandatory attendance, you have complied you thesis (even though presentations are just in few weeks!). You have survived in a loads of diipadaapa classes and done shit loads of work to get to this point. I'm freaking proud of ya'll. And I'm going to miss you terribly.
..Love all around for the
Class of 2007
Class of 2010
... Jenni
2 kommenttia:
ihana kirjotus <3
<3 <3
Lähetä kommentti