13.2.2011

For My Friends^^

"The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don't. But, in the end, they're the people you always come home to. Sometimes it's the family you're born into and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself."




Valentine’s Day 11’

Tomorrow is 14th of February also known as the Valentine’s Day which I’m spending alone. Don’t feel sorry for me because I don’t have a date or a boyfriend and how I'm not even with my friends because I have a best date planned – bought new romance book and fresh watercolor pads. The reason why I don’t mind being alone is because I had the best Valentine’s Day in 2008 and it’s impossible to top that. Long story short, Jordan who hates holidays took me movies paid like a gentleman and bought me a very nice piece of jewelry. We went to eat, got drunk and played cards. Best day ever.

Best Friend. Well there is a pickle. Do I use this word too lightly? I think I have two best friends, Johanna and Salla. Johanna is also featured today’s “Go To” person in photo challenge. Johanna is my best friend because she is always there for me. She knows my passwords to all my accounts, she knows my family, she knows my dark secrets and things that bother me. I know her family and some of her secrets. Salla is my best friend as well. I’ve only known her for four years but since day 1 when I went to meet her and discuss our common dilemma we’ve been inseparable. Salla, Johanna and I have been best friends for years. I’m usually quite jealous person but I really don’t mind if they spent time together just the two of them, because we are all equally close to each other.

Then there is Jordan. Jordan is my soul mate. I know the word is old and holds a lot of meaning but there are different types of soul mates. Whatever happens in life I feel blessed that I’ve met someone who really is close to me and who sees through the layers we all have around our heart. I know for sure that Jordan is part of my life until I depart from this life.

And then I have sisters from another father and mother like Johanna2 and Julia I feel very protective over. Both of the girls are very close to me and I also feel like they are part of my family. My heart feels very heavy when they are in trouble or when they are sad.

Then there are people that are very close to you because you have experienced so much together. They might not know you history, they might not know your family or your friends but the road you’ve been through together is so powerful that it’s impossible for others to understand the bond that you share. In USA Anni and Hanna learn to know me, the real me without the package and I got to know them. We fought, we cried, we traveled and lived together for one intense year. All three of us did our own thing but still built a bond that will never break. Hannele, Jasmina, Mari and I have something similar with Kenya. We all were there, we all lived the African dream and whenever we get together it feels like no time has passed at all.

I could write about my friends and their great qualities like seven to nine pages and all things would be good. I mean, childhood friends like Jenna and Teija. And my university friends who are just amazing all around but I’ll write something in general about friends.

Friends are very important to me. Even though some friends are closer to me than others, I value everyone whom I consider as a friend. But isn’t Facebook annoying though? I have 418 friends on Facebook but really I would say out of that sum 70 are really my friends. Some are just people I’ve met in the past, some I met when I traveled and some I just added as friends because I’m curious about them.


















I’m so lucky on this Valentine’s Day because I know that even though I’m not with friends I know that have friends. Friends to me, are people you don’t have to see every day because when you meet up – you have a lot to discuss. Friends to me are like Teija, I can call her in 8am to help me with math. Or like Mira is, who posts nice things like “I miss you” on your Facebook wall and actually means it. Then there are friends like Iiro, that when he gives you a hug you feel like he is actually happy to see you.

I’ve lost friends throughout the years. Some I grew apart with and some I just didn’t want to associate myself with anymore. But those whom are still part of my life, I thank you and I wish you the best Valentine’s day whether you are alone, with a date or with family. I love you and I can't wait to see you.

Photo challenge:

Photo11: Your "Go To" person is Johanna

Photo12: Photo of your everyday life: Art. I love painting and illustrating. I almost everyday try draw something little.



Jenni

1 kommentti:

Julia kirjoitti...

hyvää ystävänpäivää Jenni <3 Mulla on tosi-ikävä mutta vain kaksi kuukautta niin näemme taas!