To recap the year 2010 and my plans back then:
Check out:
"In the ear 20(10)"
and
" Jenni's Choice Awards"
IN 2011
Places
I traveled very little. Well I traveled mostly between Glasgow - Vaasa. Three times, which means I flew six times so it's not THAT little. So:Countries visited: 2
I finally made it to London. I have always wanted to visit London and now I have finally been there. It's no longer in my bucket list. I also visited Edinburgh several times. I got two new additions to my Hard Rock Cafe list.
New places: London, Edinburgh
I started two new jobs. I worked in Scotland in a computer company, which I really hated and when I returned to Finland I almost immediately started to work with teens. I absolutely love my work now with adolescent youngsters.
Jobs: Two
People and Relationships
As I have lived abroad and started two new jobs, I have made a ton of new friends. I met so many people in Scotland, people such as Calum and Anne Lieke. And when I moved back to Finland I made new friends as well, new friends from work who I'm just getting to know.New friends: 20+
I can't always please everyone and unfortunately I lost few friends past year. These two friends... One I decided to drop out of my life (for private reasons) and one decided end our friendship. Both losses were hard for me but I guess necessary.
Friends lost: 2
In 2011, I only fell for someone once. It was a great feeling. To be hopelessly in love and then get burned. Getting emotionally involved is hard... secret flirting, secret smiles and secrets messages. This love was never meant to be and it did dry out very fast.
Heart lost: Once
My biggest fight.. Oh my. I haven't really fought a lot in the past year. I think the biggest fight was with Salla in June. I really hated when she stood me up after a very long day at work and got shit drunk and yelled her on the phone. We made up the next day but boy was I mad.
Fights: 2

Past year was amazing friend wise. I met so many amazing people in Scotland and I absolutely enjoyed my time there. I was so happy to have so many of my friends over in Glasgow. Tiia, Katri, Mari, Iiro, Pauliina, Matti and Julia. Thank you for visiting me in Glasgow.
____________________________
I was hoping that when 2012 arrived I would be 50kg skinnier and 100 times prettier but unfortunately, I'm just the same. Not prettier or skinnier, just me. I might not look different but I'm different. I have grown up a lot. I graduated, I followed my dreams and lived abroad with my best friends. I also realized that I can't live someone else's life, I need to find my own way. Scotland with Salla was amazing but Scotland was not my home, it was not my dream to live there. I missed my best friend and took a round tour just to spent some time with her. I have developed new skills in 2011. I learned that I suck in phone marketing as I have a bad habit of having two long phone calls with the customers. I learned a lot about the computers, I know how to use RCMS system! I also learned, that I no longer lose my temper. As I hear swearing and yelling everyday at work, I have noticed how it really doesn't have any effect on me. I don't get upset and this has taken me by surprise.
________________________
2011
Best moment: I had so many great/amazing/best moments past year. Starting with moving to Scotland and seeing Salla. Getting a job from Glasgow. Getting my undergrad papers and graduating. Finland winning in gold in hockey. Tiia's wedding was, an amazing event. Spending one evening with all my best friends: Salla, Johanna, Sami, Ch, Iiro and Julia was very important to me and finally booking my tickets to USA.Worst moment: Food poisoning was horrible. Telling Salla that I'm moving back to Finland. Acting like a jerk towards someone I really liked.
Saddest moment: Realizing how one can cry over missing a train when you are in a very low point in your life. I was so emotionally far stretched that I just couldn't handle any obstacles.
___________________________________-
Other:
Best buy: My new tattooes, I love love love them.
Best trip: Trip to London with Salla was epic.
Movie of the year: Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows part 2.
Song of the year: Rihanna, We found love
Band of the Year: Mumford and Sons
Book of the year: Inheritance
TV Show of the year: The Secret Circle / Hollyoaks / Skins
Disappointing tv show (so far) Glee
Best sport event: Hockey gold and Räikkönen returning to formula 1.
________________________________________
PERSON OF THE YEAR:
Last year I mentioned Laura, Lasse, Salla Jenna, Johanna 1 + 2 and Hanna by name. They were the biggest names last year.
This year, in 2011. I think the funniest memories were shared with the younger generation. I think I have had the most fun times with my little friends.Carine and Julia.
I met Carine in March when I started working in the computer company. She was sitting alone in the platform and I approached her with caution. A petite little french girl, with glitter shoes. We worked together only for four months but those four months were pretty amazing. I mean I absolutely hated my job - but I loved and still love Carine a lot. When I really really hated my work me and Carine went out and about and oh my, the stories. The Glasgow tour at night and the "tequila sunrise" time. The one time in James Watt. The other time in the smelly bar... The karaoke time! The time when Mari puked. The time when we went to ABC - when I was absolutely drunk as hell and couldn't even stand right. Or that one time when we went out and about in Greenock and did the walk of shame at 8am on Sunday morning.Oh Carine. How I miss those crazy Summer nights.

And then there is Julia. My little sister-from-other-mother-and-father. Who flew to Glasgow and spent 4 interesting days there with me. "JENNI THIS IS NOT A SHORTCUT!" Who got drunk as hell in Salla's birthday party and befriended with all Salla's coworkers just in one night. Yes that Julia.
That Julia, who according to my littlebrother, lives in the Planet of Wonder and seems lost most of the time. That Julia who is one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen but does not act like a ho bag but is absolutely a nutter and a darling. Julia is one of the few in this earth who knows how to draw out the old Jenni. The drama queen who knows how to boogie. Yes. That Julia is one of the best people I know. Thanks to Julia, my past year has been funnier and crazier than it would've been without her.
Julia I love you a lot. I think we shall be friends forever and ever.
______________________________
Before the year changes, I shall return to my blog to make some new year promises. I need to think a little bit what I want to happen next year. What are my goals and dreams for the 2012. What do I want from myself and how does it feel to be almost 25 :)
Thanks 2011. It's not over and done with yet - but soon. It's been .. A crazy ride so far. So let it snow and bring on Christmas.
Yours, truly: Jenni Sofie
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti