25.12.2011

Christmas After Day


Meeerry Christmas.

I'm sitting here, thinking about my poor belly. I think it's awful what our poor bellies need to go through during Christmas. First they get their everyday breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack-meals and then BOOM it's breakfast, pre-lunch, morning snack, lunch, after lunch, dinner, dinner snack, chocolate, coffee, soda, ham, late snack and night snack. Three days of eating. Poor poor belly.

I'm utterly tired after days of running and meeting friends and family. Thursday was Lasse's graduation and I was sooo proud to witness him getting his degree. Afterwards me, my brother and mum went out for a Celebration Luncheon. In the evening was the Christmas Party with my teens. Which meant cooking for 20 people. I came late to work because of my brother's party and there was still tons to do before 20 hungry teens could be fed. Luckily, there were lots of little helpers and everything went well - in the end. (I did have my moment of desperation and doubt).

Friday was about meeting friends. I saw Jenna in town for a quick cup of coffee, then I met Julia and exchanged presents. From there I ran home and went to meet and greet Johanna2. I still needed to pack all the presents for my family. I went to sleep ... 2am only to wake up to my dad's phone call at 11am. Dad brought me some fried turkey - my absolute FAVORITE dish at Christmas. It's soooo gooood.

After dad it was mum on the phone. She was on her way. I quickly called my aunt in Sweden to wish her and my uncle Merry Christmas. Me and tons of stuff went to mum's for Christmas dinner. Mum's hubby had cooked us amazing Christmas dinner. Hubby's kids were also having dinner with us and it was very lovely to meet them.

Me and Lasse had one of our strange arguments while we were outside waiting for mum and hubby. The weird part was that we actually had the entire argument in English. I said that for me 24th is the Christmas day and 25th is the day after Christmas. Lasse argued that 24th is actually not Christmas but Christmas eve and that 25th is Christmas. And I said there is no sense in this as we give out presents and have family thing on 24th so therefore 24th is Christmas and 25th must be the  Christmas After Day. Lasse still refused to admit this and we continued this argument till mom came and never really decided which day Christmas really should be celebrated. 





We went to graveyard to remember those who are no longer with us. There were so many candles.. people might be gone but they are never forgotten.

Me and Lasse went to Lasse's flat - started watching Lord Of The Rings but it was just ... not for this Christmas .. so we changed it to Star Wars episodes 4-6. Then today, dad picked us up to his for dinner. My eldest brother, his fiancee and kids and my sister, her fiancee and kids were also there. AND I can tell you --- it was everything but quiet. There were people above and under me. I was poked and probed. I was tickled and kissed. We hate, we argued, we laughed. 

Sanni came over for few drinks and we talked for hours. We've been friends for years even though we have lived far apart for years. Sanni is so so lovely inside and out :)

SO WHAT DID THE SANTA CLAUS BRING TO ME. Was I naughty or nice? For starters, I don't really expect anything much - for me it's about the company and food. Family :) But I did get wee presents this year...

I got JESUS band aid. I bet it cures every wound. 

I got lip gloss that says: So much to do, so few people to do it for me. 

Alvar Aalto chalice.

Socks. Multiple kind. 

Metal board that says: Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Clinique make up. 

Candy.

Hugs and kisses.

Shower stuff.

Kamastura cards. 

Two different kind of Marimekko pouches. 

And so on.

*******************


A week from now I'll be in America with Jordan and friends. No no words can describe how much this trip means to me. 
I get to go home.

Safe travels to Hanna who is off to Colombia tomorrow to be with her boyfriend.

Last week of work with my teens.

Last week of 2011 is upon us.

Downton Abbey Christmas Special is on now in UK.

There is a huge storm going on outside. So happy i'm not out and about.

What are you happy about?


*****

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: