27.12.2011

America In My Horizon

It's 2am.

I SHOULD be asleep. I have work tomorrow, the last days with my lovely youth of the nation. But I'm just so so .. excited. It kinda hit me today that I'll be seeing Jordan just in three days. I know these three days will include horror movies, packing, seeing mum, cleaning, meeting up with Katri and Taika and ... like 36h of traveling. But after all this is done I get to land to Chicago. I get to meet and greet my soulmate. I get to be with Jordan. And not only Jordan. I get to see Ashley, Kelly and Elena. I get to go to Upper Peninsula, to see Jordan's family. I get to see Travis. Lauren. Pam. Aggie. Kitti. MJ and so so many others. 

It's been two long years since my last visit. I've been to Africa, I've had amoeba and swine flu. I have been in love and fallen out of love. I lived with Hanna. I've lived with Salla. Hanna lived in Germany. Salla still lives in Glasgow. I moved to UK and I moved back from UK.

When I look back to these two years that have passed so many things have changed - I have changed. I was 22 when I was last there and now I'm turning 25. Jenni is all grown up and going home. There is just so much to talk about, so many things to be said. 


It's just not my friends that I miss. I miss Americans. I miss their openness and how they ask "How are you" from strangers. I miss being able to be myself. I miss that I don't need to pretend to be anyone but me. I can wear neon colors and Lady Gaga glasses and no one will stare. I miss the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. (Somewhere Jordan is rolling his eyes!) :D

Good part about this anticipation is that I really don't have time to think of work and my farewells. I don't have time to think of money (which I maybe should exchange to dollars). I don't have time to think of my new job at English Playschool. Christmas passed. And now, finally it's time for me to go home to my friends, to Jordan. 

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: