17.12.2010

Jenni's Choise Awards

As I sit here thinking about tomorrows Farewell party and upcoming Christmas week with goodbyes I wonder: How did I get through this hard school year? We all have our social net-works and support systems so I think I need to thank some people. I'm going public with my thank you's and goodbyes. I think it's important to mention people by name, because most of the time we all go like: "Me me me me!" So here is for you: my friends, comrades and amigos - I would not make through a day without you guys.

First I want to say goodbyes. To my lovely roommate Hanna. When Salla left to Scotland I was worried if I'd be lonely. But no. You can't be lonely when your roommate is from the Wild-East. I mean, for real Hanna, you are really something. I have had soo much fun living with you. Like few nights ago when we were baking gingerbread house (that turned into a gingerbread garage.) The building was ugly but the project was fun! (I laughed so much that tears were just falling out from my eyes like a Mississippi river.)

I never knew where I was getting myself into when me and Hanna first met in the Finlandias' hallway back in 2008. We talked about this few days ago, how me, her and Anni just clicked. People assumed we had been friends before Finlandia but no. I love my Hanna. The clumsy Hanna who falls down the staircase in the library. Hanna who is pretty accidental in her everyday life and is the whitest black girl I know. (Whad up V? How was ur day?) My biggest worry is that she just gives and gives without getting anything back. In this case, I'm not referring to anything dirty but I see how hard she works but hardly ever gets a thank you. I wish she'd learn to tell the people fuck off when they are being hurtful little fuckers with horrible attitudes. I love u Hanna and I wish you all the best in what ever you do. I'll miss you like hell and I'll cherish these times that we had living together, here and in USA. I see you soon enough in Germany and you will visit me in Scotland. It's not a suggestion. It's a demand.

Second person I must mention is my friend Laura. Laura. Oh Laura. You are a persona, a character and a superwoman. You came into my life speaking too fast and laughing loud, melting my cold heart. Seriously, honey you make me awe. You are pretty inside and out that I envy you. I know you are a bit scared what the future is going to be like but if I were you I wouldn't worry. Where ever you go, people LOVE YOU. Just like with Hanna, I worry that you give too much of yourself without getting anything back. Remember that it is important that you as well get kind words, love and thank yous. I think you are utterly beautiful and I would not have survived school without you. Thanks to your phone calls and Facebook chats I didn't go mental. When I was most in despair with my thesis I called you and you made it okay. I'll miss you and you awesome bakings when I'm out there.

I'm very thankful for all the amazing people I got to know this year but it is hard to decide which was the friendship that had the biggest impact on me. So I'll mention a group. Africa people and Taika. When I went to Africa. I just went. I didn't really think about where I was going at, I had been so busy with everything that I was just there. In Nairobi. Before me, nine Finns had arrived and made their entrance. BUT Taikas' friendship was so important to me. All of the Finns were so welcoming but it was Taika who asked me that "Jenni, how are you really doing?" And thanks to her I was able to talk how different everything was. And with her I became very close friends with. So Taika thank you. I also spent two months with Jasmina, Hannele and Mari and those months.. they were just crazy. I think we were drunk and enjoying Kenya so much together. And then Cami came along. And then there was Shadi. I've truly met so many awesome awesome people this year.

I'm glad I've grown closer with Johanna2. We've been friends for so long but sometimes she is a bit hard to read. But since I've been back from Africa.. I've realized how dear she is to me. Johanna always says the nicest things and gives out compliments. I'm happy that she seems happy. Sami is just perfect guy for her and I can go to Scotland knowing that she has someone like him to support her and love her the way she deserves to be loved.

Not to be to emotional and mushy. Thanks Mum (again) for everything. Thanks to my little brother for being awesome. It's sad to see how time flies and he grows up but at the same time, he is such a great guy and i'm so proud of him. Thank you Iiro for being my friend, it's not always easy but friendships are not supposed to be easy. Then it would be fake. I love all my friends. I really do. Like Mira, I know I don't tell it to her too often but I'm so proud of you! When I saw you in the class presenting your thesis with Tiina .. SO PROUD.

AND there seems to be one name that I keep forgetting to mention. JENNA! When I packed my stuff, I noticed how Jennas' name keeps popping up from time to time. We've been friends for a long time and always you remember me with Christmas and birthday cards. Or with letters and little gifts. You take time to hang out with me and invite me to all your parties. Thank you Jenna for you friendship. Sometimes I take it as granted. I apologize this.

WHOOH. That's a hell lotta friends. I could have saved this blog post for later but most likely Drunk Jenni is going to talk about these feelings and emotions tomorrow and people would have thought they were only drunk talk and not genuine. So when I post it like this, little before hand and late at night. Some might miss out this post and still have my street creditability. I mean, everyone knows I'm bitchy, mean and sarcastic. You don't mess with me and I don't mess with your face ;)

Tomorrow is my farewell party part III with a lot of tears and goodbyes. I try not to get as wasted as I did last week. Good lord, I don't think my liver can handle that. On Monday I substitute in a kindergarten and say goodbyes to Hanna :(( Tuesday is very workful and Wednesday I'm of to Mom's for Christmas. I also need to paaackkk rest of my stuff. Christmas will be spent with family and with the Lord Of the Rings marathon. (Extended vesions!) Then I return my keys and movies to Makuuni and walk log out for the last time ... 10 days from now I'll be on the jet plane and I don't know when I'll be back again. I can't wait to see Salla and hang out with her as much as I want.

Have a great and eventful weekend ya'll.

Jenni

Ou. And Happy Birthday Dad. I love you very much!

Ei kommentteja: