27.12.2010

Glasgow '11

"I’ve been waiting for my dreams
To turn into something
I could believe in
And looking for that
Magic rainbow
On the horizon
I couldn’t see it
Until I let go
Gave into love and watched all the bitterness burn
Now I’m coming alive
Body and soul
And feelin’ my world start to turn

And I’ll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time
To be more than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life
Time of my life


- David Cook.
(Unfortunately there is no good version of this song on Youtube because copyright restrictions but this is THE song to describe how I feel at the moment!)


Hi! :) So I'm off tomorrow therefore I'm taking little break from my blog. Mostly because I don't have internet. Hell, I don't even have a home so yea. I think this has been a very good blogging year. I got used to write this and that in Africa so it's kind of a habit to do this.

Yesterday was my final day at work. So now I'm officially a student without any classes, social worker without any papers, unemployed without any benefits and if that isn't enough I'm also without a country. But I'm healthy, I have good sense of humor, ambition and this is what I want to do. I'm so tired of having everything planned. I have my schedules and I've never been without a job. I always have a plan B. But this is new, unknown territory. This is good though, I have missed this feeling. This feeling that is nervousness mixed with fear and excitement.


">


I sit here and look around in this empty room thinking of everything I've been through the past years. I mean, did I ever thought that I'd live in USA and Africa? Did I ever consider meeting such great people in my life? Yes. I think I've always been like this. I'm restless. I have never been able to hold still unless I was drawing or reading a book and even then I traveled. I read about epic romance and unknown lands. I read about different places in different times. And when I draw, that's where I get my inspiration from. Sometimes I wish i could be more like others, be in a relationship with some guy. Watch movies during the weekends and have couples vocations in Thailand. But that is not for me. This is my oasis, this feeling in my gut - it tells me when it's time to leave.

And to answer the most Frequently Asked Question: Why Scotland?


One of my best friends lives there. Salla is there. And I have nothing here in my hometown for me (Well, I have my family and friends but they all have their own lives!) I need a change. And I don't want to start everything from the beginning all over again so I have Salla in Glasgow. I have some new friends in Glasgow. I liked the place. It's easy to fly to Finland from there. So that's why.

Bilbo Baggins from Lord of the Rings says his goodbyes to his fellow Shire people.

"My dear Bagginses and Boffins, Tooks and Brandybucks, Grubbs, Chubbs, Hornblowers, Bolgers, Bracegirdles and Proudfoots.. Eleventy-one years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. I have things to do. I've put this off for far too long. I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell. Goodbye."

I'll see you when I see you if I ever see you. I'll be back with new posts when I get settled in Glasgow! Wish me luck! And Happy New Year 2011!!


Jenni V.

">




1 kommentti:

Julia kirjoitti...

Pärjäät varmasti mahtavasti:) Hyvää seikkailua ja nähdään pian taas <3