

I was supposed to be on a blog break BUT then I have had bunch of my friends asking how I am doing and how is life. Well, life is good. I’ve been "on the road" for a week now. Therefore, I have nothing to report. Week ago I was giving a hug to Johanna and saying "See you when I see you!". Now I’m here, sitting on a couch at Salla and Cats, under Cat's fabulous wall paintings. For the past week I have done absolutely nothing. I feel a bit guilty that I don’t have any extravagant adventures to report BUT HEY. This is my blog and my life, I haven’t been on a break since .. since the Lamu islands in May. So in my opinion, I’ve earned my time off.

My flights and everything went okay. I was a bit nervous beforehand because of the horror stories about Ryanair and seating’s. But no. Everything went fine. Teija and Kalle took me to the airport and we had a blast on the way. Exchanged some Christmas gifts :) Flights were on time and we landed little early. My luggage was the first one out so all I got to do was find Salla. And I did. My teary eyed best friend came 10min after we landed and I was able to hug my beloved friend.

We stayed overnight at Edinburgh (pronounced as Edi or EdinBRA). Me and Salla had a lot of catching up to do. On Wednesday we first had a very English breakfast, with eggs, bacon and tea, then off to the city. Edinburgh was wonderful! Full of castles and old roads and buildings. Me and Salla actually went on a tourist bus that took us around the town. Dinner was at.. Hard Rock Café. Yes. Another Hard Rock Café checked out from my list. And off to Glasgow. Train to Glasgow took around 50min and train to Sallas flat took 10min.

Finally the Jenni had landed to Glasgow. Since then. I’ve done nothing. That is not completely true. I’ve applied for jobs but it takes sometime before agencies reply. Apparently, to do ACTUAL social work I have register into Scotlands Social Service registry. Without my certificate – Can’t do. So instead of working I’ll be just hanging out most of my time. Luckily, the situation isn’t that grim. There is some work I can also do - like work as early year’s practitioner, but with a little less salary. Yay. Thankfully Salla has helped me as well. H&M are going to open two new stores so she’ll help me to get work at H&M if something else won’t come up.
NEW YEAR 2011. Yay. Lot of .. well. I had some ciders and Salla had wine. We watched the "Most annoying things in 2010" then fireworks on BBC. And went to sleep. Salla actually passed out like 10minutes after midnight. BUT to make my fellow women proud, I did go shopping yesterday. Just for the essentials – sweatpants and a Batman hoodie. Also some hair products which are CHEAP AS HELL in here.

As to my New Year Resolution. I’m now on a diet. Salla and I are attending the event that most women start the year with "Bikini Shape 2011". Also Tiias wedding is sometime this year so I want to show off little bit. Therefore my food has today been: can of tuna. And carrot sticks. We are on a South Beach diet and the first two weeks are pretty brutal, after that it will get better. I want to healthier. And fitter.
There you go. Update from my New Extravagant life from the UK. It’s not much yet, but it will get better and more exciting. This is the beginning though, 2011 will be a good year. I can feel it.
I do miss my mum and family a lot already, not to mention how much I miss my friends. Life is about changes and I’ll be coming over soon.
Happy Birthday to my nephew Wille for turning 1 <3 I know I haven’t been around much for him but I do love that smiling boy a lot!
Jenni
1 kommentti:
Ihana kuulla, miten siellä menee!! :) Outoa,kun et oo enää tääl vaasassa. Kivaa tulevaa vloppua! :)
Lähetä kommentti