6.1.2011

Feeling A Little Bit Under the Weather


So I've been feeling a little bit under the weather. I've been dwelling in self doubt "Was coming here the right thing to do" and asking myself if this was something I really wanted to do. But after messaging with Jordan (who is considering getting his masters in Glasgow Art School! I KNOW. One can only dream right!) who gave me some good points and after heart to heart discussion with Salla last night - I feel more confident.

I think my biggest issue is just plain boredom. I'm not used to Hang Out. What do people do when they don't have anything to do? I could go to the town but then again I can't use money and if you go to the Glasgow city center you have to buy something, this city is a shoppers paradise. Just like the other day, I was waiting for Salla to get off work and I walked around the mall and then I saw it, golden watch. I know I have a great new watch from Johanna1 but this watch is GOLDEN and it's only 18£! I could go jogging but I need shoes for that and at the moment I'm sitting on my money :D I'm not spending anything extra until I get work!

Work work work. Today I sent out 10 applications and few days ago I sent 5. So I HOPE some of those applications will catch an employers eye like "Yeaa, we want her!" I know I said it's great to be unemployed blaa laa blaa... WELL that is a lie. I HATE BEING unemployed. I hate that I don't have a schedule. I hate that I don't have steady paycheck and a routine. "No, I can't come tonight because I got work tomorrow!"

Update update from Glasgow.

Last night was so much fun! I got to the town all by myself!! (Only missed my bus stop by one!)Wondered around the city and enjoying the last of the Christmas lights that were still up. Deebs and John had invited some friends over (including me!) Salla and Michael from H&M also joined the dinner party. I haven't really eaten anything this week so I took one zip of cider and immediately felt it. (Yes, breaking my diet a little bit there) Played some intense 007 and Mario Cart (I don't know if I've ever sucked more in a game than in Mario Cart)Me and Salla got back home after 2am. Our taxi driver was deeply religious Muslim who very enthusiastically talked about his upcoming trip to Mekka.

This morning I woke up when the outdoor buzzer rang. My hair was a mess and I answered the phone "THIS IS THE POSTMAN OPEN THE DOOR!" and I have no clue how to open the buzzer. So he called again. "This is the postman, open at once!" and I shouted back "Gimme a bloody second I'm new here and I don't know how these things work!" I gave up. I walked to the hallway with my PJs and opened the door the very much smiling (and confused) postman who kindely showed me how to work the buzzer.

Tomorrow is a movie night! Yay and on Saturday I'm going to Sallas friends birthday party and we're going clubbing on ABC. Muchos fun. I've also got visitors coming by! Iiro and Pauliina are coming in the end of month, Matti (old classmate from Uni) and his friend are coming on early February AND Tiia and Katri mentioned that they will be visiting me here sometime this Spring. This many friends seeing me here trully makes me feel humble! I know they are here to see the TOWN but also they take time to hang out with me as well.

That's all for now.

Jenni

Ou, did I mention we are viewing an apartment/flat this Saturday so maybe I get to move into my own home soon enough!

Ei kommentteja: