As it happens me and Salla got the apartment (yay) that we wanted and now I sit here in our lovely living room blogging. I love having my own home and love living with my best friend. So life is pretty good. But let's turn back time a little bit till Wednesday.
On Wednesday me and Salla met Helen (landlady) and Salla got the see that flat as well and Salla loved it just like I know she would. After few minutes discussion Helen said that if we want the flat we can move in, so basically we ran back at Cat's and started packing.
On Thursday we signed the 6 month lease on the flat and had a quick snack Cristal Palace, little did I know what that quick snack had in store for me. Anyway, we went back to the flat and John came to help us move out with his camper van. It was really nice of John to come for our aid, we owe him some beers for that help. As for our stuff.. I think I laughed my ass off when I saw the amount of staff that Salla had in store. Me and my two suitcases and then Salla with her..stuff.
Friday was horrible. I was supposed to unpack and clean. First I woke up at 5am and wasn't able to sleep, followed by migraine. Thanks to medicine I was able to catch some sleep only to wake up again with tremors and the feeling like I was freezing. I was so cold. I had three layers of clothes, a hat, gloves, double socks and three blankets. My stomach felt like someone cutting it with a knife. And the fever. I'm not an easy person as I get sick, especially with fever. I get hallucinations and start crying because I'm so cold. Luckily Salla got back home from work and brought 5 liters of water and medicine. I was okay for.. three hours and then all of this started again.
Friday-Saturday night goes to my top 5 horrible moments list. Because I had been reading Vampire Diaries my fever got me thinking that I was part of the plot in the books. The funniest part was when I woke up at some point and thought "That's why I have fever, THEY know I know too much. They must be after me." After that I went around the apartment and looked behind the doors if there was someone hiding.
I have to thank Salla. She really took care of me when I though I was going to die.
On Saturday my really close friend Iiro came here with his girlfriend Pauliina. I tried my best to be and act like a normal person. I didn't have fever anymore but I was really messed up after a night of hide and seek with vampires. Salla, Iiro and Pauliina went shopping and I went to bed. I started thinking how on earth I got this sick so suddenly. It wasn't like me. I know days beforehand if I'm getting ill. I didn't have flu, I was perfectly healthy. I started thinking that it must be something that I ate. Then Salla said "You know what, that guacamole that you had with you nachos had a really funny taste, it didn't taste right" And this is true. I'm not the biggest guacamole fan but even I felt it was abnormally bad. I didn't have too much of it but enough to get sick. So damn you avocados, never liked you anyway.
On Saturday was also Calums birthday. I decided to go out but not to drink. I mean, I would loved to party like no other but I felt that it would not the smartest thing to do. We went to Firewater and as we got there Calum was already in his happy place. I especially loved the part when I said "Hi Calum and happy birthday!" And he said "Nice to meet you!" Haha. So yea, didn't drink but still had fun though. Luckily Salla was partying for the behalf of the rest of us :D
Me, Salla and Iiro were a team of mass destruction few years back, we basically lived in a pub and were really loud. Having Iiro felt like having a piece of home here in Glasgow. And I also enjoyed talking to Pauliina and to know her better. (Thank you both, loved having you here!)I knew Iiro would love Glasgow (which he did)next step is trying to pursuit him to move here as well. After I said goodbyes to Iiro and Pauliina I did feel little sad. I only got to hang out with him less than a day but that is better than not hanging out with him at all.
Yet another week in Glasgow comes to an end. Time flies and soon it's February. But before that there is very important Tuesday 25th which is when I have my job interview for a position of a therapeutic support worker. I'm even buying a suit jacket for the interview and proper ADULT shoes.
As for the upcoming events. Me and Salla just talked how busy this Spring will be. My classmate from Uni is stopping by in early February, then Salla is off to Finland. Arica friends will come by the end of the month then I fly to Finland to graduate, followed by Sallas' mom coming to visit and after that Julia is coming here. I'll try to fly and see Cami and Hanna at some point. So yes busy but I like it that way.
I'll try to post some pics of the new and amazing apartment now that I can finally start cleaning it. I'm not 100% but getting there.
Thank you so much Iiro and Pauliina for stopping by .. and bringing me my mail B)
Jenni
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti