1.4.2012

Happy April Fools!


"I don't trust you on April Fools Day, I know how much you love this day" 


 -Jordan 


****

As I sit here in my misery (yes, it's very boring just to sit still and not go out at all!), still inbound today and tomorrow, I still have managed to make this years April Fools pretty great! 

"Jenni, I bet April Fool's Day is your favorite day of the year, after your birthday of course." - Salla



And it sure is. 

April Fool's day is the only day in the year when I unleash the 12 year old me. I plan it carefully, in ways I can never reveal here. Master never reveals her tricks. But the key - is never to trick the same people. People get cautious but still, on April Fool's it's not about making someone miserable but to wait for That One Moment - when person is bewildered, amazed, confused with a lie so ridiculous that it just has to be true! ... And then you tell them it's not true, that actually it's: "Happy April Fools" 

This year I had two big targets, I used the same lie on both of them and it worked beautifully. Timing and the lie are very important.


1) Make sure the person doesn't remember it's April 1st 
2) Make sure the person hasn't been on Facebook yet. 

Salla and Iiro. Thank you for the giggles. And I did a minor ones to Julia and Vanessa .. as they are more gullible ... thank you ladies :)) .. Sanni. Always a pleasure ;)


As today is April Fools and it's 12 days to my Birthday. I have made a little April Fool's Quiz here: 12 Lies About Me But 2 Of Them Are True.


Can You Spot The 2 Truths From The Lies?  

1) I've been arrested once
2) I have no sense of smell
3) I can't hear with my left ear
4) I saw Jennifer Aniston in America
5) My ass has been in a magazine
6) I have passed out in front of a church 
7) I have a big inheritance
8) I auditioned to Idols 
9) My  brother is adopted
10) I have talked with the Finnish President in a grocery store
11) I have swam with the hippos
12) I have witnessed a robbery

*****

To conclude my great day. Imma tell you two stories. Both of them are true. Believe it or not.

Yesterday Lasse came by in the evening. He said that people in this town are a bit nuts. He had been standing on the pier, looking towards the horizon, deep in thought. He heard a cough behind his back:

- Excuse me Sir, but you are not planning on jumping in? Dog walker said and pointed at the ocean.

Lasse: Well, that would be dump attempt, as the Ocean is still frozen and there is ice.

- Yes but .. Sir. You are not seriously planning on jumping in? 

Lasse: No. I'm not. I'm just looking if the Spring is coming and how much there is ice. 

- Okay... But be careful okay!

***

And then. The second story.

Mum texted me last night at 2am. "Jenni, now it's my turn to be sick. I have a horrid stomach ache and I'm feeling really unwell"

Me: "Maybe you shouldn't have eaten that suspicious meat at the restaurant!"

Mum: "Happy April Fools Dear"

**

My own mother has been the only one who has been able to fool me today. The timing, 2am was perfect and so was the lie. I salute you mother. You are still the master.

Oh.

Btw. I know I have picture of fetus and ultrasound image on my Facebook wall. No. I'm not pregnant. Thanks for the congrats though but I have nae plans to be pregnant anytime soon!

..



I think seven successful April Fools Day Pranks concludes my great April 1st. But don't you worry, if I haven't fooled you yet - there is always next year .. I have already started planning ;)

xoxo: Jenni

Ps. Oh. The two truths. Well, imma reveal those before my birthday because every one of those 12 claims has a story behind it.

Pps. SANNI HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR! I SEE YOU SOON!! <3 

1 kommentti:

Happy walker kirjoitti...

Happy April Fools~~ have a nice day ~ =)

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..