19.4.2012

Atlas, Arabia And Africa

Hello Humans and Little Aliens.

Greetings From Sanni and Atlas
Unpacked and all settled back into my Vaasa life. Got home from Helsinki late last night and went to work early this morning so been pretty exhausted. I did enjoy a nice 3h nap. Could've gone out for a walk as it was absolutely amazing outside (FINALLY!) but just too tired.

So how was it? Helsinki and all.

It was really really good but also a little bit bad.

On Friday, after work I rushed to the post office as SOMEONE from the Eastern Finland had sent me a package :)



HANNA had sent me this amazing AMZZZIINGG birthday gift. It had everything from Moomin pillowcase (times 2!) to Ivana Helsinki table cloth. There was a book about their little fucked up cat Sulo and surprises in the form of Hello Kitty. Something tacky also was added and a lovely letter. It was .. by far one of the best gifts ever received. Thank you Hanna :) 

I flew to Helsinki and as I've been to that airport so so many times I just took a bus to Helsinki and waited for Sanni at the railway station. I had plans to meet up at Kamppi by taking a metro but that's where I drew the line. I'm not too familiar with metro in Helsinki and as it was Friday 10pm downstairs of the railway station looked a bit too rough for me. Pretty sure there were rapists and murderers hanging out when I peeped in. NOOO, this farm girl waited Sanni up in the stairs close to the cameras. I value my life way too much to risk it to get the biscuit.

Auntie Jenni and Little Atlas


Saturday me and Sanni went for little shopping in the city and had plans to go out later on. And we did. We went to Putte's bar and to Adams. Queue to Adams was just .. LOOONG. I hate nothing more than waiting in image queue. You know, there is barely anyone in but just for the good looks people are kept waiting outside. Fuck it was cold... of course. Then everything started to go wrong. I started to feel very ill. We went in and I saw my old friend Maija from Vaasa but had to excuse myself as I lost my voice. I said to Sanni "Hon, I just .. have to go home now!" Started shaking and by the end of the night, fever paid a visit.

Africa People
Sunday, when I had plans to meet up with my Africa friends I felt like hell. Fever was up to 38,5 and was feeling just awful. I had organized the meet and some of these friends I hadn't seen since Africa so I was really really upset about not meeting them. Ibuprofen kicked in and made a decisions to go town when my fever went down temporally. And no regrets mate. It was absolutely delightful to meet up with Mari, Jari, Taika, Tiia, Katri and Jasmina :) I coped with Ibuprofen for good three hours, having lunch at Morrisons and some coffee at Wayne's Coffee. Then I just had to return as I felt like the shit was starting again, and sure enough by the time I returned to Sanni's flat fever went up to 39,5. All Sunday and Monday I was down but woke up into a whole new world on Tuesday. It's not pretty at all when I'm ill. I have no energy and I look and smell like death. Poor Sanni had to see me setting and crying as I was just in a  bloody awful shape.





Tuesday was wonderful. First me and Sanni went shopping and Iittala where from I bought some very very great things :)) Moomin stuff to be more exact <3 :)


Annika and Me :))
Then Sanni went to work and I went to meet up with my new friend :)) I'm interesting in a sense that I usually decide quite fast with whom I want to be friends with and who I don't like. Annika is one of those people and long ago I thought she was funny and a lot like me so I decisions was made. Now we got a chance to meet up as I was in Helsinki so we sat down for good hour and a half in McDonalds and talked :) When Annika went home, I met up with Taika. Taika was my closest friend in Africa and I hadn't seen her in two years so I really wanted to get a chance to talk to her and so we did :) Back home I wanted to do something nice to Sanni as she had been nursing me back to health and I bought her some sushi and put on Japanise music so she could chill after work. 
















Sanni dyed my hair and Wednesday came way too soon. Me and Sanni did some last minute shopping in town before I went to meet one more friend. Henna! Henna  ... is my very first friend - very first best friend to be more accurate. We all have that one person who we always hang out with and run wild with and Henna is my person. We most likely would have stayed best of friends till the end of time if she hadn't moved into another town on 6th grade. We didn't see each other in years until I happened to hear her voice five years later in the movie theater. Since then, we have sent messages in Facebook here and then but now after six (or more) years we got a chance to sit down. As I was waiting for Henna I was thinking if I would still recognize her but some things just stuck and I'd know Henna's face from anywhere :) We talked for hours and I had to excuse myself as I was about to miss my flight if I didn't leave. So it was very much wonderful.


Little Something Something to take home



This time in Helsinki reminded me that I have so many good friends spread around the globe. I've been truly blessed friend wise and I know, that I'm never really lonely :) Before flying home, USA Anni and I had a cup of coffee at the airport and we got a chance to talk a little. Haven't seen Anni for over a year so it was lovely to see her doing so well. Anni works for Finnair and I'm really proud of her :)) Time came to depart from Helsinki life .. but it was okay as I had Vanessa's smiling face the meet and greet as she came to pick me up.

Sanni's dog Atlas :))



Helsinki - checked. Holiday - spent. Money - little left. Enough. It was good to be back to work, one of my cutest little girls had made my a nice art piece to take home with, absolutely brilliant.

What next?

Work and Summer :)

Ou and nice and calm weekend at HOME watching movies :))

Love. Jenni

Ps. I must I must thank Sanni first having me over and second taking care of me when I was ill. I LOOOOVEEE YOU Lightning McQueen. Thank you for everything :))

PPS. Had this post ready but Salla SKYPED me and we got to talking for .. .a good hour or so. New York plans :o)

Ei kommentteja: