Well, I have officially celebrated my 25th Birthday (which is in 2 days!). And I did it in a very Jenni style minus the drama as I didn't cause any last night.
I must say, that last night was one of the best nights ever. I mean .. ten plus first to my sister organizing and hosting the Sibling night and then when we went to the bar... :D Absolutely fantastic.
Honestly, I don't think I have had that much fun with my family in years...
First of all. My sister had cooked us an amazing dinner. Lamb and other meat as well. She had made her own garlic butter and oven potatoes. And I must say I haven't had food that good for a while. She could easily work in a restaurant with her skills.
After the great dinner. Liisa brought a game to the table. It was crazy Alias. Basically like "Alias" explaining things and your partner has to guess but the game was with a twist. Each card had a task what your partner or you needed to do. Like, I was under the table at one point, guessing with high pinch voice. I had my eldest brother playing a pilot and my little brother hopping with one leg and Liisa was a magician. We had absolutely great time! I got really really drunk as we drank while we played and Then it was time to go for the Hullu Pullo/Waild queue.
Marko, my eldest brother decided to call it a night and go home. Me, Liisa and Lasse were at the queue .. which was already quite long and we don't like waiting. I noticed that our cousin was working at the door and yay, he let us in. So we didn't have to wait. Drinks and dancing. From this point forward I can't really tell you what went down because I don't remember. Me and Vanessa found each other and Vanessa and my brother found each other... but that's a whole different story to tell. As my camera was being a little bitch so I don't have pictures from the bar - BUT Vanessa has so Imma post some of hers to tell the story of WAILD after too many drinks.
All and all, it was lots of fun. Vanessa and I took a taxi to my flat after the bar closed. I might think I was a bit of a mess but so was she! Vanessa lost her phone and wasn't wearing her shoes (as they were hurting her feet). Of couse, like everytime I drink gin .. I get ... hangover. Very badly hangover. BUT GREAT new addtition has been, that if I need to go and talk to the toilet a little bit, I get these spots to my face. I have very little veins which break easily, like today. Those spots age me like 5-10 years. I took a picture of them as they are a bit freaky.
Easter is now behind us. And it never disappoints. I saw lots of my old friends in the bar. And I saw some of my favorite friends in the bar (Julia and Iiro were there!) I saw some ghosts from the past and some people which I didn't care too much for. But this Easter has been so great though :) Only two days to my BIRTHDAY and three days to my trip to Helsinki. The sun is shining and it's getting warmer and warmer outside ... I told you. I love April for a reason.
Oh. Quite many people have told me they read my BLOG :)) Well thank you! Maybe drop a comment or two here and there so I actually feel that there are some readers, besides my mother :B
Anyway. HAVE GREAT WEEK EVERYONE. I sure will have one <3
Love: Jenni From The West
***********************************************************************
Vanessa's Corner It’s that time of year again in Finland, bonfires, witches and feathered sticks. I have to admit the Finns celebrate Easter in a slightly alternative way to what I am used to back home, but this being my second Easter here, I am doing my best to embrace the (slightly strange) culture.
And of course, it wouldn’t be a Finnish holiday if drink wasn’t involved, and that is one thing I have no trouble embracing! But it’s also a great way to socialise and see friends we usually wouldn’t make time for, so I am not complaining. However I did think that when I arrived in Finland, completely unaware of the drinking culture, that I would be able to drink Finns under the table. Call me cocky, because I was, and I soon found out my self belief was unfounded, but it hasn’t stopped me from trying a few times.
I have lived here in Finland for just over a year now, and survived my first Finnish winter, just! But now the mornings and evenings are getting lighter I know summer is on its way, and thinking back to the amazing summer I had last year here, not even the new snow or reports that they are having unnaturally warm weather back home can dampen my spirits.
My friends here in Finland are my rock. Being so far away from home means that they are all the more important to me, and I don’t know where I would be without them, both the new ones and the old. And I am thankful every day that at least here in Vaasa people are much more open to an English speaker than I deserve. I have come to expect that I can get by speaking English and although I am trying my hardest to learn the language, it’s IMPOSSIBLELY HARD! But I will persevere and I hope at some point in the future I will be able to hold a relatively fluent conversation with a native, but all in good time...
So although there has been a huge lack of chocolate eggs this Easter (not that my waistline is complaining) I have to say that the decision to move to Finland was one of the better ones I have made in my life, and not only can I not wait for summer to arrive, but also the unpredictability of the future weeks, months and years. Nothing is certain but that’s what makes life so exciting and interesting.
Happy Easter.
- Vanessa



Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti