"...Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel youThat is how I know you, go on
Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you, go on..."
:')
I have had a fantastic day today! Well, whenever I spend time with Laura, it's never dull as she is such a good friend of mine. Me and Laura had agreed upon lunch date at Amarillo at 1pm. In Amarillo we talked for hours before the movie. I was faced towards the window and saw several Vaasa visitors through it. Easter in Vaasa does indeed bring back those whom have moved away. Laura bought my lunch as a birthday gift and I got a present from her mum as well. Laura's mum is my former teacher :) Thank you!
Me and Laura did little shopping after lunch... found some new cool earrings. Movies it is, we were very specific that we wanted to sit somewhere close to the stairs so IF we needed to run to the toilet somewhere in those 3½ we could. Candy, soda and .. magic.
OH MY GOD.
Titanic was so good!! It has been my favorite movie since 1997 and seeing it now, again was just so so amazing. As mentioned I haven't seen the movie in three/four years so it was truly amazing. I ... can't even explain the feelings and emotions that I went through! The first moment when Kate Winslet (Rose) comes out of her car in the her purple hat and looks at the ship or when we get the first glimpse of DiCaprio playing poker. Love, love, loved it.
I have wondered what it is about the movie that people love so much. I mean, that movie is the worlds most known, viewed and loved ... so what is it?
Titanic, what is your secret?
Well. It's ... dramatic for sure. Everyone knows that the ship goes down. People's arrogance took the ship down. Going right ahead with full power and ignoring the messages about the ice bergs. Not enough lifeboats .. we had all these facts and viewers know that shit is going to go down.
But, I absolutely love Roses character. Her spark, spunk and will. ... Rose is just great. I love how she is portrayed in the movie. How under elegance and glamour is this ... wildling, woman, wanting to get out. To be freed. I think it's something lots of women can relate to. The feeling of being trapped and lost, like life is planned for us but by will and force we can change the course of it...
And her get away is this poor dude, Jack. And c'moon women (and men) DiCaprio is just SWOON. He is sooo gorgeous. No wonder he still today makes hearts skip a beat.
Titanic is just a wonderful movie. Epic tragic love story. And now that I watched in 3D. Rose and her shoe slipping and almost dropping to the ocean... Stopped breathing at that point as it felt so real thanks to 3D effects. I'm no fan of 3D and this was the first time I saw how it works well. The movie so epic.. I wasn't sure if 3D was something I wanted to Titanic to have or if it would even fit but Cameron is a genius and the best in his business. It just had to be great. And it really was.
When it comes to the end, Dawson telling to Rose never to give up but to live life full. And Rose saying that "I don't even have any pictures of him. Jack Dawson only lives in my memories..." FUCK me I cried. First it was a small tear drop turned into river. Sneeze here and there and Laura padding my back "There there .. it'll be alright!" Hahaa. Laura said to me after that: Oh dear, you can never watch that movie alone .. that she was emotional too but Jenni you are an emotional wreck.
Thank you Titanic for rocking my world all over again 15 years later. That small girl who saw it for the first has now grown up but love for that movie remains. It's also wonderful that a new generation gets to live the magic of the Titanic again. I had the posters, saw all the documents about the movie and the ship. I owned so much DiCaprio and Winslet stuff that my room was covered with Titanic fandom. It took a long time for something to rock my world as Titanic did (and nothing really did .. but few got close!) I bow also to the greatness known as the Lord Of The Rings and then the magnificent Harry Potters.
So. What have I learned from the best:
Never, NEVER take imagination lightly as it truly can take YOU into a whole new world! Imagination allows you to travel in the deck of the Titanic or in the pocket of Frodo Baggins ... if YOU only give it to chance.
Thank you Laura for the great day <3
Sibling night tomorrow. Oh shit. Watch out Vaasa. Out of of the furious five, four will take the town down tomorrow.
~ Jenni
I have had a fantastic day today! Well, whenever I spend time with Laura, it's never dull as she is such a good friend of mine. Me and Laura had agreed upon lunch date at Amarillo at 1pm. In Amarillo we talked for hours before the movie. I was faced towards the window and saw several Vaasa visitors through it. Easter in Vaasa does indeed bring back those whom have moved away. Laura bought my lunch as a birthday gift and I got a present from her mum as well. Laura's mum is my former teacher :) Thank you!
Me and Laura did little shopping after lunch... found some new cool earrings. Movies it is, we were very specific that we wanted to sit somewhere close to the stairs so IF we needed to run to the toilet somewhere in those 3½ we could. Candy, soda and .. magic.
OH MY GOD.
I have wondered what it is about the movie that people love so much. I mean, that movie is the worlds most known, viewed and loved ... so what is it?
Titanic, what is your secret?
Well. It's ... dramatic for sure. Everyone knows that the ship goes down. People's arrogance took the ship down. Going right ahead with full power and ignoring the messages about the ice bergs. Not enough lifeboats .. we had all these facts and viewers know that shit is going to go down.
Titanic is just a wonderful movie. Epic tragic love story. And now that I watched in 3D. Rose and her shoe slipping and almost dropping to the ocean... Stopped breathing at that point as it felt so real thanks to 3D effects. I'm no fan of 3D and this was the first time I saw how it works well. The movie so epic.. I wasn't sure if 3D was something I wanted to Titanic to have or if it would even fit but Cameron is a genius and the best in his business. It just had to be great. And it really was.
When it comes to the end, Dawson telling to Rose never to give up but to live life full. And Rose saying that "I don't even have any pictures of him. Jack Dawson only lives in my memories..." FUCK me I cried. First it was a small tear drop turned into river. Sneeze here and there and Laura padding my back "There there .. it'll be alright!" Hahaa. Laura said to me after that: Oh dear, you can never watch that movie alone .. that she was emotional too but Jenni you are an emotional wreck.
Thank you Titanic for rocking my world all over again 15 years later. That small girl who saw it for the first has now grown up but love for that movie remains. It's also wonderful that a new generation gets to live the magic of the Titanic again. I had the posters, saw all the documents about the movie and the ship. I owned so much DiCaprio and Winslet stuff that my room was covered with Titanic fandom. It took a long time for something to rock my world as Titanic did (and nothing really did .. but few got close!) I bow also to the greatness known as the Lord Of The Rings and then the magnificent Harry Potters.
So. What have I learned from the best:
1) Titanic: Never to Give Up and Live Life Full
2) LOTR: Even the smallest person can change the course of the future
3) Harry Potter: Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light
~Thank you people behind these epic books and movies. ~
Thank you Laura for the great day <3
Sibling night tomorrow. Oh shit. Watch out Vaasa. Out of of the furious five, four will take the town down tomorrow.
~ Jenni
| How it was at the movies today with Laura. My comical point of view. |
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti