28.8.2011

Cooks and Rockets

Johanna making a chocolate cake 
Hello!


I spent a lovely day yesterday with the lovely Johanna2. 


Johanna and I had agreed upon cooking and decorating for Sami for his birthday party so I went to Johanna's early on to help. And it was lovely!

Johanna and I have been friends for years but it's been a while since we last spent time for just the two of us. Johanna is part of the tattoo people that I have tattooed into my back. She is the cotton candy girl.

We cooked following for the party, (well I just helped a little bit) - she really was the genius behind the food.

- Chocolate cake with white chocolate topping
- Wraps with garlic butter, tomatoes, red peppers
- Tuna pie with cherry tomatoes
- Croissants 
- Different dips
- Fresh salad with feta cheese, red onions and pineapple 

She also had all kinds of chips and candy AND punch. Punch was soooo good. Leijona vodka with Schweppes, Sprite and Blackcurrant liquor.

I think when Johanna's boyfriend Sami and his friends came they all died and went to the culinary heaven.

Julia also stopped by before going to the night shift. Johanna and Sami are both Lacrosse enthusiasts so many of the guests were their team mates. Sami just got some good news that he's been picked up to the Finnish National Lacrosse team. Good job Sami! Johanna's old friend Jani had bought Sami .. umm. a bomb. I mean, it's not a BOMB like "Let's bomb the neighborhood" one but filled with all kinds of rockets. It's allowed to shoot rockets on last Saturday in August because of the special occasion. (Ending on Summer season party!)

Night was a lot of fun spent with NHL, rockets, ghost stories, drinks, friends and food. 

 WILL however.. Give some feedback for few friends who were MIA. It's not very polite to Not RSVP to invite or just not show. It's not because we can't have fun without you BUT because we were cooking and it's hard to count in how many are attending.

Thanks Johanna and Sami for the party.  Love you both.


Imma be in a blog break for a while. Not because I don't have anything to say ... I always have something to say BUT because I'm moving out tomorrow and I don't know when my wireless will be hooked up. 


Now. Off to Jenna's to meet some childhood friends. Emilia just got engaged to Lassi and I want to congratulate her in person :)

Tomorrow is my first day at the new job!

Have a great week ya'll.

 Jenni

Ei kommentteja: