4.8.2011

It Does Not Rain In London


Hello, Hi, Hey, Heijssan!




I can't believe it's been almost a week since I left UK!

Honestly, I haven't had the time to write about mine and Salla's trip to London which was .. EPIC. We gave our keys to Helen and Hugh on Saturday midday and took first a train to Edinburgh and then there to London. Salla was so adorable as she was so excited about the London. When we were on a train to London, she commented on absolutely EVERYTHING until I said: Salla, honey. Honestly, I love you. But you have not stopped talking since we left Glasgow. Please shut up for a one minute. I said this with the kindness of my heart.


King's Cross was somewhat a disappointment as our pier was not on the Harry Potter side of the station and we didn't have time to go and look for the famous 9 3/4. Taxi to our hotel, change of clothing and off to Hard Rock Cafe. (my 7th HRC!) This Hard Rock coffee has been the most popular one I've visited so far as we actually had to wait 1h 20min to get to the table. As always, waiting was worth it as we got good service and ate sooo well. We did stop at the Buckingham palace and were in ave.

On Sunday we had a quick lunch at the Starbucks and took our stuff to luggage drop and hopped into the tourist bus for the whole day. At the Tower Bridge we hopped off, has lunch and took a cruise back to the Big Ben. Amazing. I think I laughed at Salla's comment about paying 25£ to go to a museum "Honestly, I'm not going to pay to see some fucking old stones!" Ha ha ha. Still funny.

The sun was shining, people were amazing and I was having the time of my life. We spent all day going around London. When the evening came we found a wee garden and enjoyed the sight of roses in the middle of a busy city. I absolutely LOVED London and wish to go back and see some of those old stones!

Bus to Standsted and off to Finland. First we had to spent the night at the airport that almost turned into catastrophe. I had "hid" half of my deposit money somewhere. I went through all my luggage, everything but money was gone. Then Salla did the same, nothing. I had lost 140£. I was so tired and exhausted. Had had a bad migraine  all day. I knew I was forgetting something, but I just could not get my head around it. What was I forgetting? After 2hours of search I gave up, the money is gone.. so I thought. I closed my eyes and tried not to think about the money and then it hit me!! SALLA'S LUGGAGE. I had placed one book into her luggage just before we left to town .. and the money was there.

Ryanair took me and Salla back to Finland where her dad was waiting for us. I met Salla's dog. Amazingly cute Doris! Love at first sight. Last portion of the trip was the train and there I was, on the arms of my lovely mother and my little brother. I could've just hug my mom all evening. Gosh I missed her. I went to mum's and we talked for a while. Then the exhaustion took over and I passed out. Since Tuesday I have been living on my little brothers couch. It's not the dream place to be but I'm happy. I already met JULIA and we decided to look for a flat together next month.

Wednesday, Thursday and rest of the week is going to be about The Wedding. Tiia is getting married and I'm so so so happy about it and so so so happy to be here helping her. We've been at the party place cleaning it and decorating it. Today we were joined by Laura and Mira. So happy to see the girls again. Tiina is coming to town tomorrow and then our group is reunited for the first time since DECEMBER! Tiia is absolutely gorgeous in her wedding dress. I saw her on it and cried a little. Stunning!

Wedding is on Saturday :)

Salla is in town next week. Iiro, Johanna 1+ 2 , Julia and I are going to have absolutely great time together. Then it's back to reality. I need a job and a flat and I need to see rest of my family. I've been so busy this week and will be till the wedding is over.

Jenni is happy, and it feels good to be happy.

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: