28.4.2011

The Day Diana Died

Hi!

I was supposed to post this yesterday but I started writing this post too late so I wasn't able to post it. SO I was emotional yesterday but today I'm all about the wedding. Let's go back to yesterdays distress.

Thursday 28.4 

Obituaries (muistokirjotukset) always make me cry. Honestly. I was in reading obituaries in Kenya and started crying in a crowded restaurant. They were very different than Finnish ones, full of detail. This is one:

"Mr. X was born in Kihuri Village. He was son of the Late Mr. and the Late Mrs. He was the fifth child among six children. Later they immigrated to Rift-Valley.

In 1944, he started courting a young, beautiful, staunch Christian teacher Mary and got married in 1945. They were blessed with 11 children. Although they were blessed with their own children, they also brought up many other children from their extended family and others who were part of their home,they educated and took care of about 50 or more children.

X had a special way of giving a listening ear and shoulder to cry on to all his family in a very balanced love. He is survived by 10 children, 27 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren."

So Emotional! And this is pretty easy on the eyes, the ones I read also included details how people died. "John died in a robbery." "Cindy was shot ten times which lead to her death" Waterworks.

Why this gloomy subject?

Simple explanation : Diana.


All this wedding speech in UK and how William is going to be married and how his mom should be there.. How proud Diana would be of her son and how much William and Harry must miss her. It's just. So. Sad. I was 10 years old when she died. I don't remember much but I remember the tabloids and I could understand that the world had lost someone really great no one was sure who to blame. Did we do this?  People were so interested in her and her life that she didn't get even a moment of piece. Curiosity ultimately killed her. I was watching the funeral with my mum and remember the two boys who were walking after the coffin and the envelope that was addressed to : Mummy.


I do admit that I'm one of the Camilla haters. Well, hate is a hard word, I dislike her. Charles should not have married Diana when he was in love with someone else. Even though I'm a true believer in love Charles and Camilla are a proof how destructive love can be. Love can quite literally kill. I don't think Camilla should be the Queen. She should have backed off from Charles because he was married and had kids,  which didn't and rest is history. Three people in one marriage is too much. I should know, my parents divorced because of that. I'm sorry that I can't be objective about this. And there must be so many secrets and lies and policies behind the marriage of Diana and Charles. But she did end up having her heart broken and being humiliated, stripped from her crown. She was the fairytale gone wrong. 

Anyway. I'm glad that William honors his mum, first with the ring and then having a hymn in the wedding for her. I can only imagine what it is like to loose a parent, I will never ever want to lose mine. Because my mum and dad are amazingly great and I fear the day I have to write the obituary for them.

That was yesterday. I'll blog about today and about the wedding later. And I have a whole story to tell about Salla's birthday.


 Candle in the wind. 
 Best of luck Catherine and  
 William. 

 


 Jenni

Ei kommentteja: