18.4.2011

Are All Finns In Danger?

Hello and Hi.

I have so many things in my mind! I have serious topics and then again I would like to talk about my weekend which was fantastic.Okay first about my weekend. I haven't been drunk, wasted, toasted etc. for a while so I decided that on Friday, I'm going all out. Work was very tiring so I needed a nap after wards and ended up leaving at 10pm to Deebs and John's, drank some listen to some classic tunes such TATU and Five. I'm not sure why.. Anyway, long story short. Garage till 3am. I met the lovely Fiona there and we also danced a wee bit. Then it was time to go home via Subway :)

___________________________________
And then to the burning topic. Politics. Finland had the parliament election last night which has led into heated discussion. So what do I think about the last night election? I don't get to complain because I didn't vote. For the first time since turning 18 I didn't vote. I'm sorry but I was here and the voting day came very suddenly and we had only one day to vote (Saturday) and it was in Edinburgh and I was broke. So I didn't vote. But what do I think about this situation?

Well. I'm not surprised. I think Finland is a rich country and it must be annoying for its citizens to pay off others depths. I'm not saying it's not necessary for the stability and such BUT it is frustrating for sure. As for FINLAND. As it happens, everything is very expensive and people are not as wealthy as you might think and when we pay bills for other countries when our own are struggling .. Therefore I'm not surprised. "True Finns" (love the way the party is called in English .. I would rather call it as the Finnish party) Anyway. I think majority of Finns were willing to ignore some of the disgraceful values that they present as well.When one promises to put a stop into money waste and spending it is easy to ignore the small print. 

Personally, I'm against everything and anything that spreads hate and discrimination. What "True Finns" present are not all good. This is from Wikipedia.

Policies of the party include:
  • Progressive taxation and the welfare state
  • Opposition to the EU and Nato.  
  • Against EU bailouts for Greece, Ireland and Portugal
  • Finland should be prepared for falling of EMU and EU
  • Abolition of mandatory Swedish on all levels of education
  • State support for rural regions
  • Reductions in foreign aid
  • Strict limits on asylum-seekers
  • Increased state investment in infrastructure and industry
  • Pro-industry environmental policy
  • Tougher punishment for crime
  • Support to those arts promoting Finnish identity
True Finns party leader Timo Soini
 Some of these I actually agree with. I think there are plenty of good values with the "True Finn" party BUT. I'm trilingual and it's been such a gift that I've been taught so many languages, therefore I think that Swedish should not be mandatory but encouraged. I have plenty of friends whom have suffered through the years because of the mandatory Swedish, some people are not good with languages. It's like me and math, I suck in math and I hate that I'm forced to have tons of mandatory math courses through out the years.

I believe we all have freedom of choice at least we should have. Just yesterday I deleted several friends from my Facebook after hateful comments towards the homosexuals. I can respect and understand that homosexuality is against you religion, I can even listen to your arguements but I will not take hate or discrimination. You have no idea how mad I get when I hear words such as fags, homos and fagots. When I hear these or have them on my Facebook wall - you are not part of my life anymore. I don't go calling you as hypocrite or as pretentious idiot.  I don't go calling you names because you can't afford to support your kids and have to live off from welfare. I don't believe in name calling, it's far from being constructive. Hate only creates more hate. 

Other big subject "True Finns" are against, are woman's right to abortion. 

It's a woman's choice if she wants to do an abortion. I have all the respect in the world towards men and I believe two men can be great parents but as a woman myself. I feel that it's my right to decide if I want to keep a child or not. I don't think the idea of abortion comes easy to any woman. I know women whom have done an abortion and they carry a feeling of loss with them. No one knows for sure when our minds start working or when one is considered being alive. Is a fetus a human being, does it have a soul? Who knows. But I want to believe that if it does, it will find another passage to come to this world. If it's meant to be it'll be. It's a woman's choice. I'm sorry but it's a decision men don't have a say in. You should discuss it with your partner and listen to his opinion about the matter but in the end, it's not his body, his life and his forever that is put into the play.  

I'm glad "True Finns" are not the only ones in parliament. There is also the NCP and the Social Democratic party and others. I think the issue about "True Finns" have come up because of the mixture of fear and excitement. I say, let's give it a try - if nothing else we'll have something new in our midst. People have spoken, Finns want something new. And seriously, be realistic - "True Finns" are only one party. They don't have the authority and the power to change All Finland. They do however, have new fresh ideas that we should at least listen before condemning them.

For more information about the topic in English:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13107620

My opinions here today are harsh and I might have hurt some feelings. This is just my opinion.

xx

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: