
ON Friday I jumped to the train and took off to Hämeenlinna. I decided to go to my trip after talking with Anni. I mean, why the hell not? Sure I'm supposed to save money to Scotland but it's not too often when I have weekend off from work. And I was keen to see Africa and USA people.
I have a niece and few nephews so it would seem that I have learned to tolerate babies and children more. I mean, I'm a freaking social worker. But when I'm in a train, minding my own business it really annoys me having a kid sitting behind me kicking my chair and shouting. I understand babies, they cry - that's why I have earplugs. But really, what's up with the chair kicking. I'm not coming to your playroom and messing up with your legos?!
Jari texted me when would I be arriving to Hämeenlinna. I said 7.50om when it really was 6.50pm. So there I stood, all alone in a scary city. Well, not that scary but i did feel a bit lost. Luckily Katris' train arrived in 10minutes. This is just one of the many proofs that I just can't be trusted with time tables or directions. Always ask at least twice. Seeing Katri, Anna, Jari and Tiia was like no time had passed what so ever. We were just the same. And I was happy meeting Mari as well AGAIN only being a week apart :) Tiia was hoping that we wouldn't be discussing about Kenya all evening, but c'moon. Kenya was the reason why we are friends so of course we were going to talk about Kenya. I needed to talk about Kenya because there is a still a lot of Kenya related topics and issues in my head I need to deal with. But yea. It was fun.
On Saturday I went to see Anni. I was super excited over this because Anni is like the glue that holds the Powerpuffs together. Powerpuffs are me, Hanna and Anni. And each of the Powerpuffs are their own character. Anni being the leader and peacemaker. Hanna being the weakestlink and I'm the meanie. Now that Anni has been MIA I felt really lonely. Seeing Anni and that she was okay was so such a relief to me that I almost started crying. YES, ME. The Big Bad Wolf. Me and Anni talked and talked about two days, watched tv, ate and went to IKEA. Hanna and Anni belong to that era of my life, when I changed. When we first met in August 2008 I was so angry with everything. And when we departed ways in May 2009 we were all so different. Unlike many Finns who go abroad only to party and screw around, we actually LIVED and ENJOYED our lived without being total idiots.
A view from Annis' balcony
I need to criticize a little bit the Finns who were after us in Finlandia. Of course I know some of them. I mean, it's Finland. I think we are all related in one way or another. But what I really hate, is how Finns attend to behave abroad. I mean having sex on the hallways, being topless in a bar, threesomes, fights.. you name it and I'm sure at least one of the Finns have done it. What angers me the most is this behavior is EXPECTED from the finnish exchange students. When me and my friends were in the USA, we were considered weird because we were acting normal. Did we get drunk? Hell yea. Did we hook up? Yes to that too. Did we get topless? Not that I know off. But maybe this is me just being a hypocrite. But live your life and enjoy it fully but please don't act like a dick or a whore. It's just embarrassing for the rest of us.
I said Goodbyes to Anni and made her promise to come to Vaasa. She said she has some free tickets so she can even FLY HERE. SO Blossom, Buttercup and Bubbels are waiting.
What is ahead of me for the rest of the week?
I've have promised to do some extra work as my colleagues have been working 24/7 because people been sick last week. I've been on a holiday so I think it's only fair that I help my friends at work. Maybe they return the favor when I need some rest. I still haven't gotten around of seeing the little people of my family but I'll try to change that on Wednesday. Also Hanna is going home for a week so I get this house all to myself. I have invited Iiro over for a cup of coffee and intend to have my little brother over for some horror movies.
Ou, and my blond hair has been interesting experiment. Yes, it's still blond. But as a person who had balck hair for four years it's interesting to see how different people act when I'm blonde. I mean, talk about having no respect and lot of friendly smiles. When I was had black hair, no stranger would have approached me with a smile. Nor dare to look at me when I was angry. Now, I get smiles from people who pass me on a sidewalk and when I get mad, I'm pretty sure one person was about to pet me. WTF. I think this social experiment is going to end soon. Anni said "Back to red then" and I said, yup.
Thank You AnniTiiaKatriJariAnna and Mari it was nice seeing ya.
See ya Tiia in Scotland in January, be careful in Kenya.
Love. Jenni
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti