3.10.2010

Friends from the Far North and Sunny South

Hi ya'll.

This weekend was just what I needed.

After feeling sad and low last week I wasn't really enthusiastic over having people over for the weekend but boy, was I in for a treat. It is sometimes hard to remember what kind of bonds are formed abroad. When you live with someone 24/7 you can't pretend anything, you are who you are. So when Mari and Hannele came here, it was still there. The friendship that we developed during those months in Kenya. It is hard to explain how it is for those whom have never experienced the intense friendships that MAY develop. I do not become good friends with everyone I hang out with in Africa or USA but some just click. Like I did with Anni and Hanna in Hancock, I had something similar with my friends in Kenya.







As for Kenya, I haven't really been able to process how it was for me. It is not because the lack of listeners but maybe the lack of understanding how it was. How can someone who hasn't been in Africa understand what it feels like to walk in those bumpy roads of Kenyatta Avenue or how drunk one gets after too many Slippery Nipples?

Anyway. Having Hannele and Mari here was just great. We all admitted being little nervous how we all would act and behave in our natural habitat but we were the same. Mari was as lovely and hippie as she was in Nakuru and Hannele was as funny and silly as well. It was the same people but different place and different time. I realized how much I had missed them even though I haven't really realized it myself.

We walked around Vaasa and talked about how it was being back at home. I'm not too surprised of hearing that both of them are heading back. I guess I should be planning on going back but all I can plan is going to USA and seeing my friends there. As much fun as I had in Kenya, USA was my home. Me and Hanna talked about this few days ago as we both have been abroad for quite a bit how USA really was our home. We didn't just party and study. We lived there. Me, Anni and Hanna formed a life there. I had my own friends and they had theirs and we had each other. So I really understand why Mari and Hannele are longing to go back to Nakuru because they LIVED there, I was there just for a visit. But I will go back one day, now is just not the time.

Next Friday, I'm most likely to go to Hämeenlinna to meet some other friends I made in Kenya. I haven't seen some of them since last May/June so it's time to finally catch up. I'm only staying over for one day but that is better that not going there at all.

One odd part this week has been mine and Sallas argument. And we never argue. Usually we just sarcastically comment each others actions or give snappy remarks over things but we actually had an argument. It had everything to do with Scotland. I'm worried over money and harassing Salla, maybe overreacting a little bit. But like I told her when we agreed on not arguing that I'm just acting out because .. I'm about to take this huge step and it's scary witch brings me to something annoying.

"Jenni, I envy you because you have seen and experienced so much!" I have heard this so many times and it makes me feel little awkward. I don't want seem like i'm superior to anyone because I like to travel. I have always wanted to travel and I wish I could be George Clooney in his movie Up in the Air. But there is nothing really to envy me about. I envy everyone that stays here and build their lives around home, work, family and fun. I don't like feeling restless all the time when I'm in one place for too long nor do I like always when I come home starting to look where I could go next. I have a restless spirit and it's pretty tiring to be on the move all the time. But. As you know, I wouldn't travel if it wouldn't bring me such joy.

Anyway. Used all my money from the kindergarten gig in the past weekend on shoes, glitter and alcohol. Not to forget the groceries. Now I'm poor but I have great shoes and look fabulous.

Postcards <3



New calendar '11



New shoes <3



New Art book <3



AND AND AND TODAY is IIROs GIG at the Gringo and I'm super excited over it. I'll be going to Johanna2 and Samis place early on so we can hang out as well and and then to see Dread Of Balloons and then do some drinking with another set of friends.

Love Piece and Nachos.

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: