How are ya'll doing? I'm doing good. Just finished yet another school assignment and I'm one step closer to the finish line. Three courses with their assignments and tests. But as for my senior year classes, all I got left is two exams, one essay and remaining 15 pages of my thesis. So. Yup. Almost there ALMOSTTT but not yet.
As I mentioned, we got some visitors from the Far East last Thursday around this time (late that is). Hannas' brother Joona and his friend Jouko came by. I had never actually met Joona in person but as I've been close friends with his sister for over two years now I knew a quite bit about him. Usually I'm pretty shy with new people especially when they are in my house but I felt like I had known Joona for years. Jouko wasn't too scary either so it's been pretty fun having them here. I miss the whole commune kinda living that I had in Africa so now that the boys were here it felt like the good old times. Difference with boys is that they just are. Women intend to speak all the time about something or they want to do this and that. Men just.. they do as they please but they don't fuzz and that was nice.
We went to the Disco Ensemble gig on Friday and that was m'kay. We has the pre-party in our apt and I got to meet Jennas' new boyfriend who was really nice guy. JOhanna and Sami were here - lovely as usual. Atte stopped by. And special guest star was JULIA who was in Finland for few days. Also Anna came by for s short stop. So yea. It was nice to have people over. Too bad I got pretty drunk as the evening went on causing me to be hangover the next day. In the bar i met lots and lots of my friends. F.ex I met my former co-worker Maija! I haven't seen her for a while! I also saw sum of my childhood friends Linda and Mika. Iiro was there as well with his girlfriend and we got to talk a lil bit as well.
The Disco Ensemble itself was good. I mean I'm not their biggest fan but I recognized most of their songs and the feeling was good. What I really dislike is when people "mosh". Go crazy on the dance floor and i guess the fun part is just pumping people and sweating..? I asked one guy who almost hit me that if is it really necessary to fist women and he said "it's part of the whole concept" Awesome. Boys and my friends laughed as they saw me get mad the more people pushed me.
I walked home alone later on in a snowstorm. First snowstorm of this Fall. Hanna and the boys had left little earlier and I stayed with Johanna and Sami. Iiro had some things in his mind and we talked a little bit about his troubles as well.
Saturday and Sunday Was work work work. I had a blast with Johanna2 on Saturday. We are selling these cards at Makuuni and she really is a machine with them. People just can not buy the card from her. I guess it's part of her natural charm. I didn't do bad either, I sold some but Johanna. I salute you.
Hanna and co. went out to SKY (Gross) and I stayed in. I had been playing Klamydia quite loudly earlier and our neighbor stopped by to say hi as he noticed we had a party. Too bad he didn't come by the normal why (door) but used the balcony door instead.. I'm glad I wasn't alone at home when he came by. What was somewhat a let done was that Joona got his phone stolen at SKY. Sometimes I miss honest people whom would have found the phone and return it to the counter. But no, it's just rude to steal someones phone. Nice way of showing the Good Side of our town, eh?
After work on Sunday I was in an excellent mood. Too bad family drama once again helped to ruin it. But .. Julia. My little sister! I loved having her back in Finland. Julia is probably the only one (well Shadi as well) who can make me act like a teenager again. She is so bubbly and outgoing that you just can't be grim about anything when she is with you. We went for a few drinks in Hullu Pullo but I wasn't really liking the place as there were only 18y olds and really old people in the bar. SO me and Julia went to eat some kebab and talk. She going back to Switzerland on Tuesday and wasn't really sure if she wanted to do so. But, I think it's the right thing to do. She has committed to the family she words for and she has grown so much in the short period that she has been there for. We made plans that I'd go to Switzerland in the end of July if I can afford it.
Early this morning boys went back home and I was sad about that. Jouko and Joona were such nice guys and I really enjoyed their company. Julia also left Finland again. So I went back to school and started working those assignments. Our fridge broke but it took around 30min after my call for our landlord to get it fixed. Not bad. Now Hanna has gone back to work and life is boring again. This week is busy though. I have school basically everyday and one big test on Thursday. Tomorrow I also have to make an public announcement how I'm not going to graduate in time as we have a seminar. Swedish classes start tomorrow as well. I'm also going to work at the elementary school beginning on Friday till next weeks Thursday. I was supposed to stay at mum's but it seems like have business at the city everyday that week so i'm prob just going to stay at mum's over the weekend. I have double everything coming to me next week.. but before that is Jennas' Halloween party where me and Hanna are going. I'm planning on dressing up as Cartman from South Park.
I want to send my thanks to Joona and Jouko for the pleasant company and hoping to see you both again at some point. Goodbyes to Julia until we see again in December. Good luck for Hanna at work as it is a pain in the ass and congrats to my friends whom had finished with their thesis (clap clap calp!) Also thanks to mom for helping me out on the flea market and I hope Johanna gets better soon!
Jenni
Pics follow :)
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti