I'm privileged to be friends with Jordan.Most of the people I hang out with hear me mention Jordan every now and then. They are polite at first not to ask who he is but at some point you just have to ask: "Jenni, who is this Jordan? You talk about him a lot and he seems to mean a great deal to you."
Jordan is not my boyfriend. He is a boy and he is my friend, he is my best friend to be more accurate and he is part of my family - he is like my brother waiting to be found.
Jordan is.. an artist in its every essence. He walks, talks and breaths like an artist. He uses complex words to describe simple things but then again he is humble when being praised. Jordan can walk with killer high heels in a drag show, he can rock a skirt in a fashion show and he can spit, drink and drive a four wheeler like a true American American. Jordan can talk with kids and they love him, he can argue with a Republican and still offer him a drink after wards. He goes to a Sauna with Finnish men without understanding a word they are saying but the Finns treat him like he is a cousin of a cousin.
When I went to USA in 2008 I was so unhappy. I didn't know I was unhappy till I got back. Without going into too much detail, I wasn't sure about anything. Should I be a social worker? How my parents divorce still bothered me and how I felt like I wasn't going to be anything special.. Jordan helped me. He listened, argued and discussed with me about everything. He broke my heart once but then helped me to re-build it.
When I came back home in 2009 I was a mess. Yes, I wanted to see and be with my family but I was leaving one family behind - my American family. I was leaving a piece of me behind. Jordan took me to the airport, waited as I went trough customs. He smoked a cigarette and said, I think you need to go now. It was horrible: I was leaving and I was leaving Jordan behind. How could I manage without him? Was I strong enough to follow my dreams without him telling me that I am. Jordan, I got news to you: I'am that strong. I know what I want and who I want to be and I thank you for that.
I'm writing this blog about him because today is his birthday and I wasn't able to spend that with him. And everyone knows, how I feel about birthdays, I love them. I wish all the best to you Jordan. I hope you find happiness and may all your dreams come true. I wasn't able to hang out with you this year, but I think it's only fair to let the others hang out with you as well.
And all of you others out there, I wish you could all find your Jordan. Because having a friend like him has been .. amazing. I know me and Jordan will be friends forever because once you find that missing piece, I'm not going to lose it again.
Jordan, I wanted to tell you that I'm so proud you and your upcoming exhibition. I'm sorry I can't come to witness you amazing artistic skills nor to hear your speech. I'm sure you will amaze people because that is just what you do.
Happy Birthday Jordan S. Don't drink and drive, eat something after you come home from the bar. Remember 2008 when Finns got you those pitchers .. if you do that again: PLEASE TAKE SOME PICTURES.
With love: Jenni
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti