28.6.2011

What Makes A Best Friend, Best Friend?

Hey 

And YAY for New York for legalizing gay marriage. 


 I could go on and on about gay rights and how equality matters and how Finland: the country who was first in line letting women vote, woman prime ministers and woman president .. still continues being little bitch about the matter. Sad. Anyway. Equality for all <3

I've been looking at midsummer postings on Facebook and news sites have been filled with happy happy people faces. How was my midsummer? Well, to be honest. I didn't do anything. I was supposed to go and dance salsa.. Fell asleep and didn't go. Friday I spent watching Parks and Rec, which is by the way so hilarious. If you like simple, a bit wacky comedy watch it watch it watch it. The cast is genious. Amy Pohler, Nick Weiserman and Aziz Azari.. I bow to your skills in comedy. One of my coworkers is leaving and she had a party on Saturday.. I was about to attend. But then I went to town and got so mad at Salla for being 35min late and it rained and my socks were wet that I just went home.

Yes. You can say it. Jenni you are lame. When did you become so boring?

Well I'm boring because i got no money, no money. No parties. No no no.

But what lies ahead? I must do something when I get paid?

First and foremost I need to pay my VISA bill. The collectors are after me soon if I don't get it sorted.

I think I'm going out on Saturday. Me and Salla discussed how we haven't been hangover drunk lately and we totally deserve a break. Also Carine and my other co-workers are out and about in Glasgow so yea.

Lasse, my dear little brother mentioned how I promised to buy him sun glasses and they are no show. OOPSIE! I guess I need to buy that. Salla's birthday watch is still not bought either. 

   Carine and I were chatting the other day and she said that I often refer Salla as my best friend and wanted to know what are the factors that make someone BETTER than other friends. I corrected her, that I consider having more than one best friend and Jordan. But good point, why are these three people better than the rest. I don't think it's about being better, it's more about me and how i'm like when i'm around them.

I've said this before. You know when you are best friends with someone when...

... silence is alright. Me and Johanna usually spend hours in a same place without talking. I can actually be talking with her mom more than with her. There is no need for vain chatting. We'll speak up when we have something to say.

.. You are in ease. When I hang out with Salla. I'm just me. Nothing more. I can sit around with my underpants and a top on my hair being washed yesterday and my old make up on and she doesn't care. She might say, put some trousers on lady! And I would reply: Fuck off.

.. Love. There are times when my heart aches because I love my friend(s) so much. It can be nothing special, just being around them gives me so much satisfaction. It's like you know that if your life ought to end then and there you'd die with your family around and in happiness.

.. The fights. Yes. Not everyone fights but I do. I need my friends, close friends not to judge me or hold a grunge when I do or say something stupid. Because that is something I will do at somepoint. I'll be too passionate, too intense, rude, jealous etc. and in a heat of the moment I'll say something nasty. Don't get me wrong. My best friends don't just take my bullshit. They yell back at me, call me names and make sure that I understand that I've been wrong. And then they forgive.

Best friends are like normal friends but they have a skill get me out of my shell. I'm very private. I can tell you openly about my hopes and dreams, about my family and things i've seen and experienced but I won't tell you How Does That Make Me Feel. It's not because I dislike you it's more of.. keeping it personal. Hell, sometimes I don't even know myself how i'm feeling. This is why I hold Jordan so dear. He was able to see to my core, who I'm and accepted it. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Those who know me know that all my friends are dear. And I try to keep contact with people I've met around the world. Some friends I have fun with, some friends I can be silly with, some are for serious discussions, some are for the company but all of them are because I like them, in my heart.

Love: Jenni

Ei kommentteja: