Hi.
Every now and then I blog about something serious and this is one of those occasions. I'm about to talk about weight.
Once upon a time, I was really skinny. I was actually under weight and had to talk to school nurse about it. I was skinny skinny girl. I wore nice skinny jeans, had the coolest friends and I considered myself as the badest bitches in town. But oh how unhappy I was. I wasn't unhappy because I was skinny, I was unhappy because I was pretending to be something I wasn't.
Then things changed.
Long story short, I got fat. Yes, I did. I'm okay saying it. FAT. Big girl. Chubby. But in a weird twisted way, I'm more happier now than I was when I was skinny. I'm okay with myself, unlike before I'm not pretending to be something than I'm not. I'm just me. But oh hell, you have no idea how much that annoys people.
I promise you, that I've heard every single weight comment you can imagine, starting from my friends and family to strangers.
"Jenni, you would be so pretty if you were skinnier"
"Jenni, you should consider losing weight"
"What happened to you?"
"You are way too big for me"
"I don't like big girls"
You name it, I've heard it.
But what people don't understand is that, I'm alright. I'm more than my weight. Yes, I would be prettier if I was skinny. Yes I'd like to wear skinny jeans and have amazing bikini bod. But, I'm alright though. I'm pretty confident in my own skin, it's the other people who have problems with my weight. If I lose weight, I'll do it for me. Not because others can't handle my "happy-go-lucky" attitude. I guess, because I'm fat I'm supposed to stay in the shadows. To be backup. Not to make noise.
I SAY FUCK IT.
We are what we are. Tall, short, black, white, gay, straight, skinny, fat, men, women.. I read a quote once saying that if you are not happy with something - change it. And I will, till then Back The Fcuk Off. Be comfortable in your own skin first before you start judging people. I'm alright with gossip, that's what people do, but I personally only gossip about things I could say to your face. I just don't because that would be in polite.
So, people. It's really annoying when you try to change me because my size makes you uncomfortable. And yes, I would kill to have a body like Rihanna's. Unfortunately I was born without a waist, tiny legs, chubby hands and big ass. Am I jealous for women who are gorgeous - Hell Yes. And no, I don't like smiling in pictures because I have really tiny teeth. I don't like being photographed and then tagged in Facebook with double chin. Nobody would like that, whatever the size. I think it takes guts to be okay with yourself. It took me a long long time to be okay. To understand that I won't be the hottest girl in the yard but I also understand that I rather have weight than be dizzy bimbo like I was long time ago.
But know this, words hurt. Opinions matter. And how much I try to block you mean remarks some of them go through, they hit the spot. I don't go running around in town laughing how you have big ears, ugly shoes or how you are bad Christian. It's none of my business as my weight is not any of yours.
And that's the bottom line because Jenni S. says so.
Jenni
2 kommenttia:
Hieno teksti, hatun nosto siitä. Kommentilla ei oo tarkotus satuttaa, tai olla ilkee, päätin nyt vaa tuoda oman mielepiteen kuuluviin myös.
Jos ihminen on lihava, omalta osaltani se rumiinrakenne ei tee ihmisestä rumaa tai kaunista. Se mikä ylipainosissa ihmisissä ainaki itteäni häiritsee, on se itsekurin puute. En pysty ymmärtämään miksi joku ihminen haluaisi olla mielummin lihava kun laiha. Ensinnäkin jokainen tietää, että laiha ihminen on terveempi, kuin lihava. Lihavuuteen ei voi vedota geeniperimällä(tiedän, että ihmisten aineenvaihdunta on erillainen tyypistä riippuen, mutta kalorit mitkä palaa aineenvaihdunnan yhteydessä on pieniosa päiväkulutuksesta). Toinen piirre mikä joka yhdistyy lihaviin ihmisiin on usein laiskuus. Vaikka itsekin olen joissakin asioissa laiska(ja tiedän että se ärsyttää varsinkin naispuolisia), en pysty sietämään laiskottelua. Ajatus vähän karkas, joten jätän tän osion nyt tähän... :)
Vielä aihe mihi haluisin ottaa kantaa on toi sun tyytyväisyys omaan kroppaan ja ittees. Se on ihailtava piirre, että pystyy kunnioittamaan ja olemaan tyytyväinen siihen miltä näyttää. Itse olen kohtuu hyvän näköinen mies, sekä omaan treenatun vartalon(katson myös tarkkaan mitä syön), kattelen kateellisena ihmisiä jotka pystyy olemaan tyytyväisiä itteensä. Luultavasti en ikinä tuu olemaan tyytyväinen siihen miltä näytän, joka sinäänsä on hieman pelottavaa. Masennus on ehkä liian painava sana, mutta kyllä se henkisesti vaikuttaa monessa asiassa. Ykskää läheinen ei sitä uskois, eikä ne tästä tiiäkkään, joten tänne oli helppo vuodattaa :D
-Vasa Kund
Moikka ja kiitos kommentista!
Mielenkiintosta oli tuo sanamuoto jota käytit "valitsee olla lihava/haluaa olla" lihava.
Tottakai sitä miettii aika aijoin esim. vaatekaupassa et "ei hitto, olispa kiva paita, kumpa mahtuis". Mutta jos valitsee olla lihava niin silloin ottaa siitä myös vastuun. Tiedostaa tosi asiat: niin kauan kun ylipainoa on tuo paita ei näytä päällä hyvältä.
Vastuunottaminen omasta painosta on se seikka jonka takia oon (ainaki tällä hetkellä) oman painoni kanssa ok. Tiedän itse mistä paino johtuu (liikunnan puute) ja jos haluan muutosta omaan kokoon niin tiedän mitä sen eteen pitää tehdä. Siksi mua ehkä ärsyttää muiden ihmisten kommentit, TIEDÄN oman kokoni - ei sitä tartte tulla sanomaan.
Terveys on toinen. Oon onnekas koska tällä hetkellä terveys pitää (vaikka ameebat ja sikainfluenssat on läpi käyty) mutta kun verenpaineet / hemoglobiinit / kolesteroli menee liian korkeelle niin ottaa siitä vastuun ja elää terveellisemmin.
Haluan korostaa etten mäkään ihan leväperäsesti elä :) vaan jos mahdollista ei ylimääräsiä snackseja, valkosta viljaa vaan harvoin ja muutenki ruokavalio on ihan kunnossa.
Kiitos kommentista ja mielenkiintosta lukea myös muita mielipiteitä kun omia jotka saattaa olla joskus varsin kärkkäitä!
:)
Lähetä kommentti