Hey.
I've been thinking about love.
I have decided that I don't like it. I don't like love because it's too empowering. When you are in love, nothing makes sense, food doesn't taste right and you live in your own little bubble of things without worries or wonder. It's just you, the person you love and your own little kingdom of happiness.
Then there is a fight or an argument. There is the day when the bubble bursts. Love stops being fun.
I watched a movie today (before Hangover) I saw Something Borrowed. It was nothing special really. I still dislike Kate Hudson as she plays the similar role in every single one of her movies but the other character in the movie, Rachel got me into thinking. The idea of her role was that she always gives up, she doesn't fight for things but .. let's go.
Here is the clip of the movie.
What is it about love really? To have and to hold. To have someone to snuggle with in the couch, to share a hobby like a golf, to have Sunday brunch with shared family and take a trip to Turkey once a year because it's so much fun.
I'm sound cynical because I feel like it. Maybe I don't hate love. Maybe love scares me. I've been in love and the feeling of losing yourself to that feeling was a bit too much for me, I've been trying to avoid love every since I got my heart broken.. but L.O.V.E tries to get you. LOVE is horrible sneaky bugger. It starts innocently with flirts and shared smiles and makes you anticipate things when you don't want to. You are not in love but you have a crush.
Sometimes C.R.U.S.H can be worse than love because when you have a crush it can be just one sided, you HOPE that your feelings are answered and if not.. your heart aches because of the disappointment. One decides to avoid feelings like that and to dodge the bullet. Until one day, it sneaks up to you again. Bastard.
I believe L.O.V.E is to blame with wars and such. People fight because they are lonely. Because they need love but don't get it.
Rachel said in that movie when she finally spoke her mind: Hey, at least I tried. ..And with love, that is the key breaker. You have to try. You have to try loving even after the bubble breaks or even after the heart aches or else you will be sitting in that couch alone, hating love and all the lovers, because secretly that is what you want as well. To be in love and be loved in return.
Stupid thing that love.
My three top L.O.V.E movies are:
1. The Notebook
2. Ever After
3. The Prejudice
And my three top L.O.V.E songs are:
1. Ronan Keating: If tomorrow never comes
2. The Bangles: Eternal Love
3. N'Sync : This I promise you
and Michael Jackson You are not alone.
But because this blog was about how I HATE love.. Elton John with Blue: Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word and Nick Lachey: What's Left of Me. Fitting songs to finish this post.
Jenni
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti