HI!
I wasn't planning on blogging anything today but as I've been sitting here in our living room couch I've been able to witness the art of:
P r o c r a s t i n a t i o n
Not an easy word! What does it mean? According to Wikipedia procrastination:
In psychology, procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority actions with tasks of low-priority, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time. Some psychologists cite such behavior as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision. Other psychologists indicate that anxiety is just as likely to get people to start working early as late and the focus should be impulsiveness. That is, anxiety will cause people to delay only if they are impulsive.
Schraw, Wadkins, and Olafson have proposed three criteria for a behavior to be classified as procrastination: it must be counterproductive, needless, and delaying. Similarly, Steel (2007) reviews all previous attempts to define procrastination, indicating it is "to voluntarily delay an intended course of action despite expecting to be worse off for the delay."
Procrastination may result in stress, a sense of guilt and crisis, severe loss of personal productivity, as well as social disapproval for not meeting responsibilities or commitments. These feelings combined may promote further procrastination.
******
So Salla has been filling this important application since .. 7pm (It's now 9pm and the application is far from done!)
But instead of filling it fully she's been doing everything else. Like..
- She cooked
- Had some tea
- Had some cereal
-Chatted about Flow festival
- Made sarcastic comments
- Opened the window
- Closed the window
- Almost had a run in with the wall as she was not paying attention what she was doing
Then she continued with the application until...
She went to get her computer. And went to Oh No They Didn't which led to following discussion:
"Salla, what are you doing! Aren't you supposed to fill that out?"
-I am. I'm just taking a wee break.
"But you haven't really started"
-YES I HAVE LOOK!
(Shows me the paper)
- Yea.. Like the half of it is still missing.
"Well, I have sketched here (shows other paper) what I want to say. It's just matter of writing it down on the right paper.
So basically I'm all done!
-Why is that application so wrinkly?
"Yea.. Forgot it to my bag...It suffered a little.
<3
At the same time I'm on Facebook chat with Sanni who is trying to decide to smoke a fag or jog? Deciding that she'll jog first and then she'll have a fag. And maybe some beer. Not cheap beer, quality stuff.
Both of these ladies and then my little brother..
I've been trying to get a hold of my little brother (Lasse). He was in a rock festival (Provinssi Rock) last weekend and I wanted to know how he was holding up. How is the hangover etc. So I called him yesterday evening
"HEY SIS, is that you? HEY. I can't really talk no. I'm off to camp. So much fun.
Drunk all weekend. Call you tomorrow. Love you!"
And today he continued this by saying: "Three days, drunk all the time. Small tent, four people - tent was on the hill. My hip is hurting so bad and neck feels very ill. So much fun though. Lost all my money and my touch screen phone isn't looking too good. But yea. It was fun!"
Three examples of friends (and family) that make my life great. Been laughing all evening. Love my friends.
In the end..
I'm so sorry that Ryan Dunn from Jackass died. He was my favorite. Him and Bam Margera. Reportedly he was drunk while losing the control of his vehicle. This makes me sad. One life lost because of drunk driving, in this case two. I also feel sorry for Bam because he lost his childhood friend. His best friend. As I love love my friends I can only imagine what he is going through. Rest in Peace Ryan Dunn. The walls of heaven my fall in down any minute now as he kicking it back there.
xoxo: Jenni
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti