
It first started as a small feeling. It grew and grew until I couldn't not hold it in anymore... Laughter. Full blown deep from within laughter. I actually loved hearing myself laugh like I did today. It felt like a skill I have forgotten. Is this me? Do I sound like this when I laugh? It was actually a very nice sound to hear, I still can laugh like I did when I was little. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very happy person, I laugh a lot. I smile and grin and laugh but this, LAUGHTER has been hiding.
Reason for this laughter was my friend Vanessa. Vanessa lives in Finland but is originally from UK. She has never skied and I promised her to take her while we have still snow. As it happens, Spring is here. So no with the Sun returned and shining upon us I realized that we don't have that much time left with the snow. Today we went. Skiing is relatively easy, you attach those sticks to your feet and "left right left right left right - glide glide glide". But when you put theory to practice it can be surprisingly hard. Vanessa, that little baby bird, took her first steps and glides on skies - Face first to the snow. Then it was ass first to the snow. Then it was hand first to the snow. And then she was able to keep her head up. She was able to laugh to herself and keep on going ant trying. And in the end, she went that down fast and only eating snow in the very end. Don't get me wrong, for a first timer she did well and learned real quick - but that first round on track with a wee downhill part - just couldn't hold it in. Laughter. And oh boy did I laugh. It was from the bottom of my heart laughter and Vanessa said: Now that's a laugh.
AND THAT SPRING. I know I know, it's wet. It's rainy and snow is mushy. Your boots are wet and the snow is ice in the evening. But C'MOON. Are you honestly saying that is your first thought when the sun shine hits your face? When you feel the warmth of the sun first time on your face in months? The feeling you get to open your jacket because it's too hot and gloves become useless? That is a fantastic feeling. Yes, we are going to have snow still.BUT
..there is no stopping of the Spring. We have had a taste of it this week and when the snow comes back and bites you to the ass - there is that memory - last week it was so so warm so it must get warm again. Let's not forget the sun beams on our face. It's coming, the Spring is coming :) No. The Spring is here.
This Spring and upcoming Summer are going to be my 25th ones that i'm seeing. As my 25th birthday is just in next month I can say it's been a good run so far. I know some people hate the fact they get older and panic about things they should have accomplished so far. You should have the boyfriend, the house, the dog, the relationship, the job, the baby and the stability. But honestly, I never expected my life to follow this path. Did I know that I'd have English as my second language and that I'll be using it everyday when I was sitting on that class room in secondary school? No. Did I know that I'll travel, see and explore this world? I wished and hoped for it but I didn't know that dreams do come true. I wish people would stop being so serious and hard on themselves, if we spend all our time being under pressure we'll never hear ourselves laugh. And I can tell you - hearing yourself laugh is a wonderful thing.
It's Spring Awakening people. If there is still something you wish to do this winter you better get started with it because the Sun is back and in 30 days we approaching Summer in fast forward :)
Your truly: Jenni



Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti