15.7.2011

Harry Potter and Me Part II

It's been such a harry Potter theme week.

In Part I , I explained how long the journey as been between me and the Potters, it's been the same for Salla as well. Harry Potter was part of our childhood and that door has now closed. Me and Salla made a mission to watch all the seven Potter films before the premiere. We had booked tickets advance for the 15th of July midnight premiere. All this week we have been watching the movies after work. It's been work till 17, movie till 22.30 and sleep. So no wonder the week went pass fast.

The movies was due 00.02 so we went to the cinema early – only to witness utter madness. I've been in premieres before (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King!) so I had slight idea what to expect. Yes, there were dozens and dozens of people, most of them in Harry Potter gear. Capes, The Marauder's Maps, wands of all kind, capes, hoodies, scarfs, body paint.. It was Harry Potter mainia. We were there 1.5h before hand and had to take place in an massive queue. No biggy. First we were taken into room 6 to wait to be transferred to screen room 7. There were 60 Harry Potter enthusiasts in that room, some of them very VERY passionate about the upcoming movie ergo getting to my nerves. Me and Salla waited patiently for the poor cinema worker to announce: "The Screen 7 is now...” and people were already up and running. I had to grab Salla's arm as people were going absolutely mental. Run run run, elbow elbow and SIT. We had great seats! In the back, middle of the row. Guy next to me was wearing his cape and kept pointing on his wand at me. Movie started and Potter-heads went nuts. They screamed and clapped. I just lost it at one point and told this poor boy to shut the fuck up. He didn't. Finally I made peace with the Potter mania thinking: that I'll focus the movie now and then go and see it again later in peace. Salla cried from the very beginning. I cried when the Story of Severus Snape came. No point of stopping the waterworks after that. 

All around fantastic Potter week came to an end. It is time to say goodbye to Harry, Hermione and Ron. Thanks guys <3


Like J.K Rowling said: 


"Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." 





As for me.. life in Scotland moves on and some big changes lie ahead. I'll be in Finland in August along with Salla. Julia is there now and so are both of Johannas and Iiro. I'll have my best friends at the same continent for at least a week. I'll take full pleasure out of that. Thank you Hogwarts and Salla for the amazing week. 

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: