24.6.2012

Twilight Rant

Huoh.

Let's talk about Twilight. The movie who ruined the MTV Movie Awards for me. 

I loved LOVED the Movie Awards in the pre-Twilight era. I mean, that was my Oscar party of the year. I waited for spoofs (Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jack Black, LOTR) and great performances (Britney) but then the Twilight happened. The past years should've been about the Harry Potter but then the fucked up Twilighters took over and ruined everything.

But this pic just got me over the edge. This franchise makes me ill when putting a stamp of "okay" to pedophilia. 

PLEASE, don't get me wrong - I was most def a Twilighter. 

I loved Edward. The 100-Year-Old-Virgin-Vampire. I wanted Edward, wanted him to be real so I can rip his fucking clothes and have hot vampire -- you know. Yes. Edward was, hot. He still is kinda the ultimate bad boy with tons of issues but devoted to love and being loved. Not to kill etc.

I read my first Twilight .. like in an hour or so. Couldn't wait to get my hands on the second and third one. WHEN IS THE FOURTH ONE PUBLISHED I screamed. Needz Moar Edward. Needz Moar Twilight. But ... second book made me ... reconsider. How one is ready to kill himself because Bella is no longer with him? Willing to watch his gf and soulmate make out with someone else just because you feel guilty for leaving her so she can live a normal life?

What the fuck?

But, I decided to book was alright anyway - third book must be better. I was sure. Then it came out. And it wasn't better. The books I love and adore I have read .... 10-20 times. I have read Eclipse once. It was nonsense. Why would you write a book about Bella choosing between Jacob and Edward when it was already established two books ago that Bella and Edward can't live without each other? That is just dump. 

And what's up with this "fight"? No one died. It's not like I'm pro death but c'moon, good fantasy book needs death, we need to grief for the sake of our beloved characters. When that One Twin in Harry Potter dies - BRING ME A TISSUE because I'm crying like baby. When Dumbledore and Snape die - drowning on my own sorrow. "Nothing makes sense anymore" one shouts. But no, in Twilight everyone survives.

Alright I thought, maybe it's the FOURTH book that will make up for the lack of excitement and death. Yay, awkward first part of the book when the sex scenes all teens have been waiting for are just skipped but ripped sheets and pillows. "I guess the sex was hot because he ripped the pillows?" Oh, somewhere Nora Roberts - the master of writing hot scenes and murder - is laughing. Alright, maybe it's the second part of the book that will bring things down. Burn down the roof etc. But no. Instead .. Jacob - who almost killed Edward, who gave up his life for Bella, falls in love with their child. I mean - honestly - messed up. No it's not right.


"Well Jenni, it's not about falling in love but imprinting, he isn't going to make a move until she is in age. He is just overprotective big brother who looks after her.." 

Shut up. The fact is that "imprinting" is a new word for pedophilia. To justify it. "It's not like they are going to do anything ... " If they are in a platonic, man and child kind of a relationship - why is it necessary to write about it? Why couldn't Meyer just write how "Jacob was smitten/taken by Edwards and Bellas daughter but realized she was a child and he needed to get his shit straight before going to county jail..." 



All you Twilighters out there. I feel for you. I know how wonderful it is to read about true love etc, and to wish you could have your own Edward who would steal the tires of your car so you can't leave your house. Yes, but even YOU need to admit how fucked up this Renesmee and Jacob shit is? 
I'm NOT against Twilight. I think the first movie is rather good. I really like the first book and own it in Finnish and English but let's all stop pretending that Stephenie Meyer is right on her head. Writing about love between a grown man and a child is just not right. She calls it Imprint, I call it pedophilia. 

















I have nothing against RPattz.
He is a good actor but I think he is so ready to leave time as Edward behind. I think RPattz doesn't even really like Edward that much. And for you Kirsten Stewart. Panic Room was alright, the movie didn't suck. But YOU ruined Twilight for me ... as my Bella is not that uncomfortable in her body. AND then, you ruined Snow White and the Huntsman for me. Charlize Theron, being my Goddess, saved what there was to save. The moment when Snow White dies after eating the poison apple, Stewart forgetting she is playing an ICONIC character and not Bella. Her dying was not about transforming into a vampire but actually dying. Good person dying. So thanks KStew for nothing. 

Sorry about my Twilight rant. I actually know quite many normal Twilighters. Those who understand that not every part of the movie is alright but still watch and read. That's alright, I won't judge but I'm also so HAPPY that this Twilight period is coming to an end and we can go back to normal. 

Maybe 2014 Movie Awards will once again, be something to look forward to . 

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: