Hello and Goodbye
Apparently the world is about to end today. According to some Maya calculations there will be series of earthquakes in New Zealand today making their way all around the world. The sings of destruction are all over, it's because people have started to accept homosexuality. That's how you know world is about to end (Read that from todays morning paper) For those fanatics I would say not to worry, homosexuality is still punished and against the law in many countries, one should not worry about equal rights just yet. I'm sorry that doesn't just feel right to me, that if the end of the world would happen today God would be going around collecting souls and being "Well, you have a pretty clean record. Charity word, vegetarian, good relations with you family, you believe in God .. HEY! BUT WHAT IS THIS?! You are GAY, oh hell no - downstairs miss/mr!" Sorry, that just isn't my God.
If the world would end today, it would be pretty nice day to end things. Birds sing, sun shines and nice summer wind goes around. I guess It could be worse.
My vocation in Finland comes to an end. To be honest, I don't want it to end. Last time I left I was so ready to go back to Scotland - now, not so much. I have had so much fun. I didn't see everyone I wanted to see and meet up but I did spent quality time with bunch of people. Not to go too much into detail but on Wednesday I was with Jenna, Johanna and the Makuuni peeps, on Thursday Iiro stopped by and we talked for hours and yesterday I first went to greet Oona and her newborn daughter Mea. After sitting down with Oona I went to spend time with my Godson. He said to me that: he has missed me even more than I can ever imagine. Breaks your heart. Even my big brother was on sentimental mood and gave me a hug. My dad picked me up and I went to spend time with him and his family. While I was at my dad's mum called and asked if I'd like to come to town with her and her hubby. I had already called Johanna so we all met up in town and had some drinks. Perfect Friday and perfect closer so to speak.
Sad but true is that I don't want to go back just yet. My family and friends have asked if I have looked for social work positions in Finland. I haven't but I have been thinking about it. Yes, I admit it. I have thought about it. Why? Well. It's the little people really, I feel that I'm missing out so much. I know I can't live my life for someone else and I should be selfish .. but then again. I don't know, maybe this melancholy will pass as I get home. Home front in Scotland has been pretty quiet. I don't think people really care if I go back or not.. whereas here they do. Sanni suggested that I should think of moving to Helsinki. Who knows..
Anyway, as I'm going back tomorrow there is no point with this would have, could have and should have nonsense. I'm staying over at Teija's today in Tampere as I don't trust the public transportation in Finland. It's always late.
Jenni
Oh, if the world ends. It was nice knowing ya. I'll be blogging from Upstairs or from Downstairs.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti