Hello ya'll.
I'm writing this blog an hour before the biggest game in the whole year is due. Finland is playing against Sweden in an hour and it's going to be amazing. Facebook has started to fill out with cautious and wistful thinking.. Could this be it? Can Finland actually win? I can only imagine how it is for the boys back in the locker room. What can you say?
"So guys.. No pressure but if you win today that will give you eternal glory. Finns are never going to forget it. Those guys in winning team 1995, they are legends, worshiped among Finns even 16 years later. You do your best and beat Sweden. Finns will survive the loss, that has happened before but just this once.. let's give the nation what they crave for, let's become legends!"
Last night was the class reunion and it was so much fun! It had a rocky start as the place didn't have a bowl for punch so I had to run down the store and buy a bucket. Everything was settled and around 8pm we were there. 15 of old friends from the past gathered around to talk about the past, the present and the future. I have been in touch with two friends Teija and Mika all these years and they were both there yesterday as well. I was also delighted to see my First Love(s). When I was young... I had two boys in my little girls heart. I don't feel like mentioning any names but S and J were really important to me back in the day. Girls are different to boys as we mature faster so even if it was not LOVE LOVE it was still pretty meaningful.
I was a transfer student in 3rd grade. I had to change schools. I was lucky enough to be placed on the kickass class. I sat between S and J for almost four years and I 'dated' both. Dating of course was nothing like it is now. It was more about hanging out after school, holding hands and sharing secret kisses and meaningful looks. It was pretty fantastic to see the boys yesterday. When we were walking to town both of them took me by the arm and I was smiling there in the between. Time goes by so fast that you don't think about those carefree days of your childhood that much. One is always in a hurry. Seeing my friends last night reminded me how happy childhood I had. I had amazing friends, amazing times. I was safe.
I asked about first loves from people after my rendevouz with the boys. Hanna had her story. And my little brother had one. Everyone has someone who holds that special place in your heart. When you think about those people, you usually have a coy smile it's like having a secret thinking of special memory and then you say "Yes, my first love was.."
Love after that has gotten more complicated. When you grow up, your feelings change. There is new kind of commitment, new kind of problems and feelings to deal with. Hand holding is not enough anymore, you have demands physical and mental. One has expectations and demands. But maybe we should think about those carefree days more, to try keeping in mind how simple love can really be. It doesn't need to be dramatic and intense. It can be about romance and withering heights with butterflies in your tummy.
Alright. I'm off to watch hockey with my little brother. Be safe my little ones.
If Finland wind I'll be celebrating all night away. Off to put some face paint on.
Jenni
ps. Last video is Finnish band signing about Love stories that last.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti