8.5.2011

Shenanigans and Mother's Day


Heyyy!

I haven't been writing this week at all, mostly because I've been unsure what should I say. I've been .. busy. I have had interesting week as I got to know new people! I have a new potential good friend whom I've been messaging with all week which is why I haven't been posting anything here. NOT that one says I can't but for now, I'll leave that subject vague but yea, that's the reason for this absence.

So the cat is out of the bag. As Mother's Day gift, I booked tickets to Finland last month and I'll be surprising mum. First it was supposed to be a complete surprise to her, I would be just behind her door and be like "HEY YA" but that a bit too complicated as my brother moved out and I wasn't sure what my mums plans were as my spy was not there anymore. I called my mun just a moment ago to tell her that I was coming and mum was happy. This is different visit than my last one. Last one I went to Finland to graduate, finish school. This is me, spending as much time with my family (and friends) as possible. I do admit, with everything going very well here now.. I have lots of new friends and active social life I didn't feel like going home at all. But then, after talking to my mum I can't wait!

For my visit to Finland I have some plans but mostly I have not planned too much activities. I want to spend time with my godson. To tell him I love him more than anything. I want to sit next to my mom and talk about life. I want to call my sister and brothers and see how they are doing. I want to see my dad and tell him that he is horrible in keeping secrets (He was the one who told my mum I was coming to Finland) What I'm REALLY looking forward is my elementary school class reunion! We have been planning the class reunion for years now and we finally set the date and 15 of us are going to spend a lovely evening together. I can't wait for this!! I also asked Marika if I could come to her class to say goodbyes to her students. I've known these kids since second grade and I know them all by name and seen them grow and I want to wish them happiness as they are going to secondary school. Marika agreed to this and I have a very special day planned with the kids.

My weekend has been good and bad. Mostly good. On Friday my co-workers asked if I'd go out with them "For a few" .. Well ten ciders later I was surrounded with Norwegians, Swedes, Danish, Dutch ... Loved it. I really like the people I work with. The problem is that they all live in Greenock and I live in Glasgow which means I don't get to go out with them too often. Anyway. On Saturday I was supposed to go out with my Danish friends but unfortunately.. that got cancelled. BUT fortunately I was out with Carine and you can never be bored when you are out with the French. We were discussing in the ladies room if we should go home or stay. Girl next to us heard us talking and said we should stay. So, me and Carine continued the evening with out new friends, Romy and Pamela! :D

And then there is today. I woke up. Carine had stayed over and she like to talk a lot at 8am so there is no point even trying to go back to sleep after that. After breakfast, we went through the last nights adventures. Carine had a nice discussion with the police men, the tequila, the crazy pictures of me busting a move and how we have had fun. I was slightly disappointed because I wanted to hang out with my new friends but in the end, the night turned rocking!

After Carine went home, I had a two hour marathon Skype call with Hanna. If I ever need cheering up, she knows what to say and her life is just so ..crazy :D Whether it's falling down the stairs or being naked in the wrong moment.. I love her!! Miss you little Smurf! Two hours session covered everything from friends to foes and families.

Anyway.

  Mum I love you to pieces. I know I owe you everything I have today and all I have accomplished so far is because of your constant support. Even when I was a teenager and hated the world, you trusted me that in the end I would make the right choices. We don't always agree but we always respect each other. When God in His All Mightiness was thinking of families and parents and decided that I would be yours to have and to hold - he couldn't have chosen better. I don't remember to tell you always how much I love you but I hope you know how much I love you.



And Happy Mother's Day to all you great mothers around there. I think, if you ruled the world everything would be much more peaceful and calm. Evil dictators would be sent to their rooms to think about their actions and food would not be an issue. I have had so many great role models starting with my own mom and my grandmothers, to my sister, to my brothers's fiance, to Linda A and Jaana. I really think all mothers are great and it's something that isn't valued as much as it should! 

I'm off. I have message to write to Cami and Mari. I have also cleaning up to do before bestie gets home. According to Carine, seeing me and Salla function together .. it just works. Yes it does, that's why she is my best friend. Only three days of work and off to Summerland.. also known as Finland.

Jenni

1 kommentti:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Melkein liikutuin kyyneliin, KIITOS ihanista sanoista.
Elämä on elämän arvoista..) Äitiliini