23.5.2011

The Perfect Storm

HEY!



I just stated that the world didn't end but I'm not so sure about it yet.

I got back yesterday only to read about the ASH CLOUD news and today the Tampere airport was closed. Was it luck that I got back and was able to go to work? I guess. To be honest, Finland was pretty, nice and warm when Glasgow is.. rainy, stormy an horrible.

How bad is the weather in Scotland? 


Well, Fiona messaged me today that "Jenni, I don't think that you are able to go to work as I heard a loud BANG today from the train stop" This was also followed by announcement that it's dangerous at the train station as electric cables and chords are running wild. Horrible. Work had to arrange transportation for us as there were no means to get home. As we were on the bus.. there were fallen trees and roof tops. Train station was packed, I managed to get to the one train that took me home. It was so filled with people that we all didn't even fit in. It took two hours for the journey home.

I finally got home. Made myself the biggest sandwich there is and now I'm waiting to see if Salla gets home safe. 

It was nice to be back at work even though there was the storm. My co-workers are so delightfully nice and there are other people I enjoy seeing at work as well :)

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: