I like to look back and see what 2012 was about. 2012 was not a year of many parties and wild adventures for me - even though it did kick off that way but it's a been my first official year as a hardworking graduate. Every year around this time I've tried to sum up the year some how, make a list or two of what I enjoyed this year, what I have gained and what I have lost.
This year started off with me leaving one job that I liked and starting another one I was a bit nervous about. I was not only a teacher but I was a leading teacher in a Playschool. Going from Scotland to be working with teens to work with children. It hasn't been boring. I get bored so easily, like my blonde hair. I worked sooo hard to get my hair silvery blond and now that's what it finally is - I'm bored with it. Already struggling not to dye it blue or purple. When I lose interest - it's gone and can't get it back. 
Where as 2011 I didn't travel THAT much (if you don't count that I actually did MOVE to another country and lived there for over half a year) ... however in 2012 I've traveled quite a bit. I started the year by traveling to America and spending an kick ass two weeks with my soul mate and got to spend an amazing weekend in Chicago with my nutty friends.
When I was in US Jordan said "Jenni you just have to meet my friend Baird - you guys are so going to get a long! And we did. So I made a new friend early on this year. And one can never have too many friends. I also got to meet up with the wonderful Travis and other Michigan people. I love you guys so much and you now that the U.P is home for me too.
Coming back from America I started my new job right away. It took some time but with time I got the hang of it. It was hard hard spring. The wasn't just about taking care of the children but building a good team, getting comfortable and adjusting to the daycare life and phase took some time but in the end it when the Playschool doors closed for the Summer holiday I was really enjoying my work and quite happy about my life. I thought. "Hmm. Should I stay in Vaasa anyway? For a bit longer at least ... " by now we all know - that did not happen. But I must say that Spring and Summer would have not been boring as hell without me making a new friend. Vanessa walked into my life.
Vanessa is a wonderful new friend of mine. Right now we are not speaking as we are both stubborn twits and not picking up the phone to talk but I still have all the love for her. Vanessas bubbly and lively character melted my heart very quickly and life at work or off work was great. Mine and Vanessas' drunken adventures and midnight mischief made the hard spring feel less difficult and cold but wonderful and warm. Thank you Ness. 
And then I was traveling again. The best part about traveling is the departure. When you say your goodbyes and you wish everyone well and joy and happiness - you take your back and you are off. I love traveling alone but I was more than delighted to be traveling with my best friend. Salla and me went for an epic - no words to describe - journey through Europe by plain, boat and train.From Copenhagen to Germany, from Germany to France, through France to Italy where I flew to Sweden and then to Helsinki before returning home. It was a once in a lifetime kind of trip and I had the best companion to do it with. Salla was not only the guide. She was also the one with the map and the advanced cell phone to save us from harms way. We may have missed the Disneyland nor did we see the idyllic Naples but we did see the Eiffel tower. We saw the Pisa tower, the Colosseum, the many bridges of Venice and the wonderful Florence. We saw so much but still so little. Another trip is already on the table. Summer 2013 here we come.

I'm not sure if it's the traveling or what but when ever I return home I'm not happy. And I became even less happy when I heard that Vanessa was moving to Helsinki. Julia moved away. Iiro moved to the Capital. And then I got the news which I have been waiting for some time. Salla was moving back to Finland and she was also moving to the Capital. So now I had: Hanna, Anni, Salla, Sanni, Vanessa, Iiro, Julia and whole team Kenya living in the Southern Finland.
I needed a change. My feet are restless again and I need my friends. It's hard to explain what my friends mean to me. I'm not in a relationship nor do I dream of ever having my own family but I know one thing, that these friends of mine whom I so dearly love are always going to be there for me. No matter if they have family or they are busy, they love me just the way I am and I never have to pretend anything when I'm around them. I can wear my glitter hat and my stripy leggings and they don't mind. So I need to be around them and if my friends are in Helsinki then I need to go to Helsinki. And here we are in December.
So how do I feel about this past year? I'm okay. I'm happy that my life isn't about getting drunk and hangover all the time. I've grown up. Thanks to leap of faith that I took in January and started working in the Playschool I've grown to notice that I actually do LIKE responsibility and managing. Some new ideas and personal goals are now building up inside. Also I have struggled with my temper and I've lost only once or twice this year. Controlling anger and passion can be harder than anyone can imagine. "Actions have consequences" .. that's something I've learnt. It's hard work to be responsible but when you work hard and it pays off .. that's great feeling too.
I'd say this year earns a solid 8-. Thanks to the amazing travels and the new friends and new family additions the year wasn't completely boring. But I must say, as hard as it is to say goodbyes - especially to the Playschool children .. I feel good about this. My family is there in Helsinki waiting for me. New adventures are waiting for me.
What new adventures Jenni?
Well.
First of all - the moving part. Moving to Helsinki and starting a new job in a new city. I have already friends from Vaasa visiting me. Hopefully my favorite bar tender whose gonna be in town for a weekend will give me and Salla call so we can be the one buying the drinks this time. And then Johanna2 is coming for a visit in the end of January. Also Lasse is finally off from the army greens and coming home. I wish he'd move to Helsinki asap but I think he's going to stay in Vaasa until he gets back to school and gets his Bachelors.
Me and Salla are planning on Spring break holiday somewhere warm in the end of March. Miss Lorraine from Glasgow has mentioned that she could persuaded to come for a visit in April. Closing to spring will bring exciting news. There is a slight possibility that Jordan and his boyfriend might come to Finland in July. This of course will determine how my Summer turns out. If Jordan comes - I won't be traveling anywhere else than in Finland but if he doesn't ... well. I have plans for that scenario as well.
Not year without a wedding, aye? My lovely lovey Johanna2 is getting married in next September. She asked me in 2011 will I do the honor of being her Made of Honor and without even thinking about I accepted the position. Johannas and Samis wedding will surely be a wonderful event. I must say, I'm so looking forward of this one, two of my good friends will be hitched. And this is a match I approve. I don't approve all relationships nor do I see a long future with some of them but Johanna and Sami. I do I do. Johannas' wedding is as far as I have this year planned so far. Till September. I'm sure by March I have the 2013 all sorted out... If we won't all die in Maya Apocalypse.
Haaaaaave a GOOD one Ya'll :)
And don't be a Ho.
Love:
Jenni

2 kommenttia:
jennii, love you to pieces! Ihanaa että pian olet taas lähempänä koska ollaan huonoja soittelijoita <3 ps. mun pikkuveli oli nähnyt sut pullossa, olen varma että mun olis pitänyt olla sielä eikä sen. Rakkaudella siskosi eri vanhemmista
Ohoo, ken mahtaa olla tämä sisar hento muskelinen <3 Harmi etten nähnyt sun veljeä, toisaalta olin niin naamat etten edes nähnyt eteeni. Ihanaa että asun pian lähempänä vaikka toisaalta yhä turhan kaukana :( Tuut sit tupareihin eikö :)) - jensku
Lähetä kommentti