How was Y O U R Christmas?
Were you naughty or nice?
Thank you all!
You know who you are and you are much loved!
Present wise, Christmas was a success!
The people around me seem to know me pretty well. Hanna sent me these 'clips' that one attaches to her coat so your mittens don't get lost. And I must say - since I have started using the 'clips' I haven't had cold hands nor have I lost my mittens.
I got sushi from Johanna1, Moomin tea with a cup from Johanna2. I got a lovely necklace from work with Moomin towels. Mum got me some art stuff and all sorts of lovely things. I got a new hair straightener, I got me some money.. etc.
But. Christmas isn't about gifts.. (even though I really love giving them!)
The 25th was a day well spent at my dad's with my brothers, sisters and niece and nephews. Quality time to the max. I also went to my mums to say "Hello's" to the new extended part of my family through mums marriage.
Today I was with Laura and Tiia at Tiia's mansion for a little afternoon coffee and tea plus quality girl talk and tomorrow Imma meet up with some of my old friends whom are in town for Christmas and New Years. And that's it then.
Done with my home town.
Imma be in Tampere mid January and housewarming party following that weekend. Me and Salla are off to Estonia in February and off to some hot and warm place with Katri and the peeps in March. Birthday is in April.. and and. Yea. Life is not too bad I must say. Sure as hell Imma miss all the fuckers here but at the same time - can't wait for the life to change :)
I've been asked few things about this Helsinki move.
First: Why?
Second: Are you going back home?
And third, are you just friends or GIRLfriends with Salla?
Imma answer the second one first because numbers one and three go hand in hand.
First of all. I'm not originally from Helsinki. Nope. I'm born and raised Western girl. Sometimes, for those who don't know me - I don't fit here. I can't be from here. I'm .. a bit too much. Just today Tiia said: "You are a big personality, you take a lot of space and sometimes that raises a conflict" Which is true. I wish you could come and be a fly on the wall when my family gets together. I'm loud. My brothers are quiet. Liisa is talkative but she usually prefers to talk to the few at once, not the whole group. My mum is chatty and my dad is a talker. My mum and dad, talk a lot. I've been born and raised with two people who love to chat, whom are forever so polite and funny. When those two chatterboxes are put together: Jenni happened.
Then the story about me and Salla and why Helsinki.
Well, I'm quite bored here.Would be the easiest answer to all the questions above.
But..
Moving in with Salla is important to me. From Salla I really found a friend of friends and having her back here in Finland matters. When you make friends with someone, true friends, you really need to have them in your life.
Johanna1 and I just chatted this weekend how we are going to be fine friendship wise, we've done this long distance friendship before and we are still here today, eating sushi and drinking wine.
SO by all means,

.. All you tattooed hunky men there waiting for LOVE to happen. Feel free to contact my lovely roommate Salla. She is just a really good friend of mine and all the lady love we share is our mutual passion for rockers, wine, tattoos, bad boys and good time. We are very loyal friends but I wouldn't mind giving her up to someone who would swoop her off her feet. (Is this me pimping out my friend? Yes.)
And moving to Helsinki is just not about Salla. She was one of the MANY majors factors behind the decision.
My hometown just didn't have anything to offer me anymore.
I can't wait to meet new people but I'm also sooo excited for being so close to my other Helsinki friends too. Friends such as Katri who was just here, just sent me a message about our joint travel plans for this Spring. Sanni lives there with the mighty Atlas. Mine and Iiros friendship needs some quality time and so does mine and Vanessa's. Not to mention how I haven't met Anni for a long time and Hanna since the Midsummer. No no, I'm plenty busy in Helsinki and I miss being busy. I'm busy here with work but other than that I'm just sleepy.
SO MANY PLANS ALREADY FOR THIS SPRING!
And lucky for me, The world didn't end then. Bummer for those who were in their bunkers waiting for the world to end. Personally, I'm rather pleased with world not ending. I have way too many plans to do and people to see - there is no time for Apocalypse!
Bye bye!
Love: Jenni
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti