
Oh Hello!
Can't believe it's been over a month since my last posting! Time flies when you are doing absolutely nothing special. Except I dyed my hair from brown to blonde. Took some time to get used to it but now I look fabulous.
I just really haven't had anything to say lately. I've been drifting with my thoughts here and there and haven't been forming any opinions about anything. Truth to be told, I'm kinda ashamed I never took the chance to rant about USA election - talk about the subject! Luckily Mr. Obama took the win without me ranting for his behalf. It's still hard to imagine how half of the Americans voted against all women and their rights.
And yea, if you'd say "I do believe in womens rights but those taxes..." I mean who LIKES to pay taxes. That fucking pisses me off that every month a big cut from my monthly pay goes to the government but then I think about how I didn't pay for school and how I don't need to pay for the doctors visit.. I also think about those less fortunate who really do need that cut from your salary and I'm okay with it. Do I need a new dress or is it more important for someone else to have a hot meal? Just put things in context and you are okay with tax.So what's new?
I went to Helsinki and got a job. Yay. I officially start working in a private daycare in January. I'm having hella-wa separation anxiety. I never thought that working with children would be something I'd not fully enjoy "I'm too good to be working in a daycare" but I must say - I truly love the kiddies I work with. I still don't like the pee or the vomit part of it, or getting a black eye because of a toy but it's fun you know - fun job to do. When you sit there in front of the children wearing a witches hat and wave your magic wand you can NOT love your job.
Helsinki trip was good in so many ways. I loved LOVED seeing my friends. And Salla has now returned to Finland and moved to the capital already. I'm moving there in January.
Me, Sanni and Salla went to dance in DTM (yes, a gay bar) and we just danced the night away. The night was extra special as it was the day when the clocks were turned back one hour so we got one extra hour of dancing. In the end, after jamming the final Adele tune Salla let out a helpless cry how she just needed some McDonalds. After McDonalds the three of us took a taxi to Sannis flat and all crawled into her bed. I took the pity spot in the end of the bed and enjoyed having Sallas feet in my face rest of the night - luckily I was so drunk and passed out so little leg action didn't bother me.
I got to hang out with the lovely Katri in few occasions. Katri, me and Salla took a nice afternoon stroll around Helsinki while looking for a tattoo parlor, I ended up having a small addition to my slowly growing tattoo collection. Sanni joined the group and we went to Hard Rock Cafe Helsinki just opened and enjoyed dinner there. I'm such a geek with HRC and I'm happy to say that our very own in Helsinki was nice new addtion.
I've now visited Hard Rock Cafe's in:
Stockholm. Copenhagen. Rome. Venice. Florence. Edinburgh. London. New York. Chicago. Detroit. Miami and now Helsinki.
Many more to visit .. luckily I have the time.
My second weekend during the Helsinki trip wasn't actually spent in the capital but close to Tampere. Katri, Hannele, Jari, Anna and Mari - friends I met during my Kenya exchange decided to spent a nice weekend in Mari's cabin.
And it was lovely. Some people ask and wonder why do I do it, why do I take the time and the patience to organize events such as a cabin weekend? Well, it's because of the connection. When you go to a place like Kenya and experience the things we experienced and see the things we saw, you don't want to lose those people who understand you why Kenya wasn't fun all the time. They understand how awful it was at times and how shitty you were treated every now and then.
They understand how it feels like to see those lions running free and buying that meal with ants innit. That's why you do it, for the love and experienced shared.I got home a week ago and now preparing for another work week. Today was mummy's birthday so I went to my mums for a while. Today is also Father's day here in Finland. As my parents are divorced you need to do some choices. I chose to spent today celebrating my mum but did quickly run to dad's to give him a hug and some muffins.
Nothing very special is coming up. I'm off for a another day trip away from Vaasa in the end of this month. Can't really talk about it as it's a pretty hush hush thing to do. Me and Salla are looking for apartments to rent from Helsinki. We are moving in the end of next month so that keeps us busy. I've also lost 14 kilos which has totally been the best accomplishment this year. Not taking any stress about the weight loss but just trying to change my eating habits and so far so good.Alright.
I'm off to put some candles on and getting ready for my favorite Sunday tradition. Good food, candles and the Big Brother Talk show. Hopefully that ass hat Tommi is finally voted out!Have a nice and wonderful week ya'll. Let's see if I can try to start blogging in more regular basis now.
A few nice comments wouldn't hurt ;)
***

Imma leave you with one embarrassing Jenni story.
When I was in Helsinki I had scheduled job interviews in various places around the capital area. One was in Tapiola, 20 minutes away from the city center. Katri and Salla both told me to take the "N" train to get there and so I did. Whilst I sat there in the train I started panicking a little bit. There was this interactive board with all the stops but my stop was missing. I tried to keep my head and not panic but the train just went on and on and my stop was no where to be seen.
So I did what any normal white girl does when she panics. I decided to jump out from the train and return to Helsinki and take the 'right' train. The train had just stopped and I quickly pressed the "open" button .... except it wasn't "open" button but the SOS button. Fuck me. I turned pale as a sheet and looked at these tho guys who were standing there..
"Oh no. I pressed the wrong button!"
"Shit, you are in trouble now" one of the guys said and turned his back, not wanting anything to do with me so he wouldn't be in trouble.
Train was still in halt as the conductor came and asked me sternly: ARE you in an emergency?
------ No but I'm in a wrong train. And I'm not even from around here. Please, it was an accident!
"You don't know what a red SOS button means?
- I do! But to be fair, it's written on that grey board and that guys hand was on the green button so I didn't see it.
Conductor was quiet for a while and said "Fine, for this one time Imma let you slide but you get off this train at once.
I jumped out, took a train back to Helsinki and called Katri. "I was in the wrong train" and explained the events above.
"No you weren't you dummy. That's an interactive board for a reason - the stops come up there as the train goes forward, your stop would have been the next one. Jump back in and you'll be fine.."
So I did. With my head way down I jumped into another N train. Luckily there was a different conductor and this time I didn't panic.
***
Have a nice Sunday!
Jenni

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti