You know what, I always write about something serious or what I have been up to. But because today is Tuesday and I feel surprisingly okay despite that Imma share five stories of my life that are rather amusing.

"Who Am I"
Going to America wasn't cheap, to get there I needed to apply a grant that would pay my bills - and I was successful to get one. There was a big meet with the all the grantees and everyone needed to introduce themselves: name, where they are from and where they off to. This was one of the first times I was put into a spotlight to speak English in front of a big crowd. I was really trying to listen what the others say, so much that I forgot to think what I was to say myself. My turn came, I was put on the spot. There were 50 people, important people in the room and I stood up and said "Hello, my name is Vaasa" (Vaasa being my home town, NOT my name) Then mortified by this mistake, I said "NO fuck, it's not! My name is Jenni".
People later came to me and patted my back and said, that it wasn't that bad. It really was.
"Too Much Information"
The second story is also about the time before America.
I was emailing with the Head of the Social Science Department just before the trip. Just about schedules and classes, for the last email. I pressed reply and wrote:
"... I'm so excited about going to America, it's going to be so much fun. Have a great Summer and I'll get back to you once I get there"And send.
But I didn't go only for the department head. I had just picked a random email from him where he had sent some info for the social department, ALL of social department and I had pressed "reply all". So I sent 244 emails, to everyone in my field of practice. I think I got 120 emails back wishing me happy holidays as well and it's nice to know about my travels plans.
Mortified, I thought what should I do and then pressed reply all and sent:
"Hello all, obviously that email wasn't meant for you BUT as it is a summer holiday and I'll be gone for a whole year I'm not gonna be embarrassed. By the time I come back you won't remember any of this. Have a great Summer!"

"The Dress"
When I was in class in USA, in class we were supposed to tell about our talents. What we are good at.
My turn came and I was supposed to say: "I work really well under stress" but instead I said:
"I work really well under DRESS".
The whole class started laughing and so did I.
"The Lady Business"
Women always carry "just in case of an emergency pads" with them but they are never to be seen, or never to be known of by men. I was in H&M and took something out of my bag and dropped the pad to the floor. I didn't notice it at first but I noticed when an old gramna shouted very loud:
HEY YOUNG LADY YOUR PAD IS HERE, YOU DROPPED IT!
.. and was waving the pink thing very publicly. Talk about discreet.
Embarrassing? Very much so.
"The Ninja"
I hate, HATE when people pop in without telling me first. Usually I just don't open the door, I actually turn into a ninja. I stop breathing, moving and don't make any sounds. Few months ago, someone was at the door. The bell kept ringing but I didn't want to answer. Then I heard someone at the post box and a voice said "Miss, you forgot your keys to the door." I opened the door and said "Oh, I was sleeping and didn't hear you ring the doorbell". It was such a bad lie and obvious to the both of us. Thanked the guy and went back in embarrassed.
***
There. I'm sure there are plenty of other embarrassing stories but these came to my mind today, when I went to talk to one of the childrens moms, telling her how she needs to go and sign a service contract only to realize that it was the wrong mom!
Hey, it's almost Wednesday already! Wooo hooo!
Jenni







Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti