11.8.2012

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue





Me and the Little Brother









Hello hello.

Sorry for the late blogging but I've been SUPER busy. I'm back to work and that has kept me busy, been busy with organizing my mums wedding AND I've also been busy with all these new plans for this year (and for the 2013). Before talking about the lovely wedding, Imma share some of my recent plans with you.

First of all, I'm starting driving school. I know I know "danger danger, she can't even tell right from left" .. well true and false as I do know almost 90% of the time which is what. My reason behind this is annoyance. All these years I've been fine without a license as I never needed one. I have friends and family who drive me around when I need to get somewhere. But recently I'm getting annoyed that my life is limited because I don't drive. I can't pick up my nephews or niece from daycare as I don't drive. I can't get anywhere in the winter, only by bus and that system SUCKS ass here in my hometown. Also work wise it would be good to be every now and then the person who can do the driving. So there, fingers crossed I can start my lessons next month. 

Second, for years I've been wanting to learn a new language. I have a good language head and I learn things pretty quickly but I've been just lazy. I have decided this is the year when I learn something new, and I have decided it's time to learn Spanish. Why Spanish? Well, because I feel that if I learn that really well, really get into it I can learn Portuguese and Italian at some point. Also Spanish is spoken in many countries in many different continents so, Spanish it is.

Johanna2, my swimming bud
Swimming. I live very close to a swimming hall. I'm not a really good swimmer but I enjoy swimming rather a lot. And since Europe it seems that I have lost some weight, mostly unplanned weight loss as I have not stopped eating sweets (addicted to sugar) but some of my whale weight has gone down. Well 10kg since July - which is a good start. Johanna2 is getting married year from now and she suggested we should go swimming together...and I could use the exercise so we start swimming in October.

And then there is the pickle. I've been very determined to spend Christmas and New Year in States. The flights are not too expensive and I miss Jordan so very much. And I really really want to go there but .. BUT then me and Johanna1 got to talking and she mentioned willingness to travel to Asia. I've never been so keen to travel to Asia but if Johanna wants to go and I could always visit somewhere I haven't been yet so I'm most def going with. Johanna is keen on going Seoul but if we are going all the way to the other side of this planet - we will visit Beijing and Tokyo too.

Me and Kaz
I already msged my friend Kaz in Tokyo that see you next year. I'm playing with the idea of trying to visit Cambodia and Vietnam as well, Australia is still in the picture as well. But yea, I'm so freaking excited even thought this might mean a) need to cancel my USA visit or b) make it really short one -- but we'll see what happens, Christmas is still far away and July 2013 even more farther. But dreams are meant to live and only to dream.

And then to The Wedding 

"Something old, Something new
Something borrowed, Something blue
And a silver sixpence in her shoe" 

I was actually thinking were does this come from, luckily Google tells it all: 

".. Each item refers to a good luck token for a bride. The custom is that if the bride carries all four items on her wedding day, she will have a happy marriage.

Each verse refers to a good luck item:

Something old - continuity with the bride's family and the past
Something new - optimism and hope for the bride's new life ahead
Something borrowed - an item from a happily married friend or family member, whose good fortune in marriage is supposed to carry over to the new bride
Something blue - Before the late 19th century, blue was a popular color for wedding gowns, as evidenced in proverbs like, "Marry in blue, lover be true."

(Source: Meaning of the poem here)


The Newlyweds and Me

"Jenni, did you get Friday off from work?
- I never really asked, why?
"Well I'm getting married on Friday and you said you'd be my witness"
- OH, ooooh. Just give me 10min and I check it with my boss if I can get the day off ...


LUCKILY I did and LUCKILY I was able to attend the Civil Ceremony.

I was very happy, to be given the honor of being her witness in her wedding. Just the day before me and mum spent the evening together and I painted her toes blue and gave her a hairpin for to borrow. For the ceremony, she was wearing an old dress, transformed into new and had  a new wedding ring.

She asked and they said they would
Just before we left for the ceremony, she stopped, turned around and ran to the living room and shouted: "Gosh, darn my sweet tooth, I'll just take one for the road." Yup, we sure are related.

Tapsa's daughter Sanna was there to witness too and my brother took pictures.

Siru
Mum had only one wish, to have a musical performance at the event. I think she was only hoping for one but I decided, that I shall try to make this wish happen. I have amazingly talented friends. Some of them dance, some of them draw and some of them sing. But there is only few friends who sing like Siru sings. I've been friends with Siru since High School, not really close friends, but friends. I've also been one of her biggest fans since I first heard her sing, so I knew I was reaching it but asked anyway if she'd sing a song for my mum and Tapsa. And she did. Mum said to Tapsa that she was a professional photographer and till the very end that was the story until I said that she is actually a professional singer and is here to sing you a song. 

The whole courthouse were left mystified by Siru and it was truly magical. My mum wouldn't stop talking about it and said it was the best voice she has ever heard - and it really was. Thank you Siru. 

YOU should listen Siru from Youtube:




And because you cannot NOT like her, like her in Facebook as well:

Siru in Facebook

After the ceremony, where the City Official married Tapsa and mum, I went home for few hours and then to their house for some cakes and biscuits.

Salla after the last shitwhow
All and all it was a wonderful day. I was exhausted by 12am and slept full 12hours. Today I had a nice lunch with the newlyweds and my brother before going to Johanna's for the afternoon. Next week will also be joyful as Salla is in town on Saturday and we have a full bottle of absinthe to enjoy. Dear lord, it'll be a shitshow. I'm so sorry in advance.

Have a wonderful, love filled, week ya'll. I sure as hell will have a good one.

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: