24.5.2012

What Would Jesus Do?

I'm annoyed.

I happened to come across a blog text written by  Finnish vicar Heikki Linnavirta, basically saying that Finnish Green Party is doomed and filled with Satans evil doers because they are pro-euthanasia. WTF?

Link here:  Some Christian "truths"

God, I'm tried of Christians. It seems like everywhere you turn, one can read about "What the Bible says" and "What God says and wants us to do..." Honestly people: Shut up.

I'm so tired of people talking about God and All His Mighty like they had any clue what He wants. This might be surprise to many, but I actually believe in Higher Power. I believe that there are many things we don't understand yet, for example why do we have such a strong sense of Good and Bad? And why are some born evil? I believe in soul and soulmates.

I believe in many things but I don't believe in selfrighteous assholes who condemn others "In the name of God and the Holy Spirit"... just because they disapprove people and their choices, doesn't mean that God does too. But when you say that God disapproves - the unfortunate, and a bit lost, Christian community take your word for it.

And second, IF .. IF God, Allah, Higher Power would disapprove or condemn:  How would you know?? There hasn't been an updated version of God's Word for a while. "The Bible 2000 edition" .. still waiting what would God really say if He had a chance to pin down the Real Bible, not the bible men wrote and people follow. 

So when there is this old dude, living his selfrighteous life comes and says: God has said all life is precious and should be protected. Who heard God saying this? Were you there? Do you know someone who said it? No. It's written in your Holy Book by MEN, 2000 years ago. 

To be fair for all the women, it's just a fact that the Bible was written by men who got a great excuse to depress women and lock them in their houses. "Well, GOD said it's okay to rape .. so don't you come complaining to me. It's God's word, not mine!" - Yea, right. Women today are still forced to marry whoever, burned alive by their own parents, stoned, hanged, not allowed to drive a car, raped, vagina's cut and destroyed because men tell so. So fuck the Holy Books. 




When you think of the 10 Commandments:


"And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

You shall have no other gods before me...."



You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. 

You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. 



Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.



You shall not murder.


You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”


How many of these Commandments do we break already? My parents are divorced, I've been cheated with, I have disrespected my father, I get double pay on Sunday work and I have lied. 

And when you think of the world and all the evil deeds Christians have made in the name of God .. (Destroying Southern America and Africa to start with..) I think we are pretty much doomed. But luckily there is Jesus.  Jesus died because of our sins, because we were just not able to follow these 10 quite simple rules.

I believe, that if I lived and met Jesus I'd liked Him. I mean, there is scientific proof that he did exist. Bible might be filled with stories of how he walked on water and how he made the blind see.. These are great stories for sure. Inspirational, pretty much - but not taken So Seriously. In my point of view, Jesus was a special dude. He lived a short but historic life. He must have been super kind and quite exceptional, maybe he really was a Son of The God. I believe so, what you believe is your business.

Jesus spent time with the misfits of His time, had His own posse and even spent quality time with a one very famous whore. (Well, I don't think Mary Magdaline REALLY was a whore, but c'moon, the Bible coulnd't write about her as she really was: beautiful, strong minded and feminist woman of her time).

Jesus didn't go around saying: Kill the GAYS... or condemn from sodomy. He was too cool for that. And being the Son of God must have some perks. Jesus didn't say that rape children like some of the Christian priests have taken into their daily routine. 

No. That's not what Jesus did. 


He said that: 

 "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" 
(Matthew 7:12).

And this is how I see life. Don't do anything to others that you don't want to be done to you. Simple.

So by being an racist ass. Religious fanatic. Or just an old creature of habit - STOP using God as an excuse to your intolerance and abuse of power. 

There is a vicar telling that Green Party is going to hell because they are pro-euthanasia. Well Fuck Him for using the J-man and God as an excuse. We, humans, people, women and men are not meant to live forever. We are supposed to die. When you put it into context, if we lived like other animals - only the strong would survive. It's the God's law and the Nature's law that all things come to and end - circle of life. 


For those who don't know, here is the Lion King explaining to you about the nature of things: 





Or, trust the Bible: 


Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return" (Genesis 3:19), 



Me and Jordan talked about this for a long long time. About who gets to make a decisions between life and death?

Jordan and I both agreed that we are both people whom are not afraid of dying. We don't believe in the same God but we both believe that we have a beginning and we have an end. If I was ever suffering, medicated and fed in a hospital - I plead to everyone who cares for me to let me go. I'm not afraid of dying. The living are just afraid of letting go. 


People are so afraid of grief that they avoid it in all cost. People make decisions and laws based on the Bible or some other holy book just to prevent us from feeling all kinds of feeling, sorrow - lost - sadness and death.

Who the fuck is some vicar telling me that I can't let go of life? Maybe it's unfair for nurse to give me a lethal injection but if I'm not force fed and medicated I will die. And it's okay. I'd like to point out that you shouldn't think that I'm suicidal in any way as I've brought up this issue. I'm just upset that some ass comes to public eye telling us what's right and what's wrong.

Oh people. I so wish you would stop being stupid. I mean life here on earth would be so much more blissful if we can separate our believes from the laws and the system. No I don't think there is anything wrong with worship or prayer, sometimes I pray as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with going to the church or waking up in the morning to pray for Allah. No. 


But using The Higher Power as an excuse, as an scapegoat and as an reasoning when the truth is .. rude. You can make your point, base your decisions, give your reasoning and try to get support for your idea but in the end of the day .... Hating the Gays, Being A Racist, Plotting a Murder, Abusing Your Family, Taking Those Drugs, Hating That Neighbor, Wanting That Money, Using That Story, Telling That Tale are YOUR DECISIONS and in YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Don't bring God to it, He has enough trouble trying to save this planet from ultimate destruction.


And didn't Jesus die for our sins? So .. even if God thought this and that are wrong, and that people are a lost cause, Jesus saved us. Maybe I missed the point of this part of the Bible? It's just the people who use  GODS name in vain to do their bidding - which is actually breaking the first rule God has set. At least according to your bible. 

Oh well. My Jesus and My God is far better than some of yours. 


Jenni

Ei kommentteja: