5.5.2012

The Summer Will Be Crazy

Hello.

1st of May well spent in the good company of Elle and Vanessa. After work on the 30th of April I rushed home and Vanessa and Elle came to pick me up and we were off to Vähäkyrö. I have, prob the coolest boss ever and she had invited everyone from work to her home to spend some quality time with her and her family and friends. So we did. The thing is that Vähäkyrö is very close to Vaasa where I live but .. when you travel with women simple things are almost never that simple as we took detour .. a long one. The trip that was supposed to last 20-30min took actually almost two hours.

Here is A) The route we should have taken and then
B) The route we took







Here is the conversation and actions taken before going to the wrong way: 

ME: -Imma take the backseat as I never know where to go. Elle, here is my phone and gps is on so just follow it.
(Opens a drink and sings Mumford and Sons)

Vanessa: Well I kinda have an idea where to go .. so Imma go to Kokkolantie and we'll take it from there --

1h later. 

Vanessa: Elle, mind you look at the GPS and see if we have gone wrong? 
Elle: Oh... the screen went blank over and hour ago and I have no idea how to turn it on again ....
Vanessa: ....
Me: Hahahaha, best trip ever!

Because I haven't been to Finland the past two years for Vappu (1st of May/Labor day celebrations) I had forgotten that the shops close by six so we had to drive around to find a place to get some alcoholic beverages. ... The closest place was 20min from our destination. But you know what. The trip itself was quite funny and I had a great time at Boss Lady's party so no regrets mate. We left around 12am and I woke up with slight hangover on Tuesday. Went to take care of my niece and saw my Godmother. So not a bad Vappu at all :)

Here is some evidence of our trip



Thanks guys, I had so much fun <3

As the Summer draws closer so, instead of having little less things to do, I actually have tons to do - especially at work. But like Hanna said to me few weeks ago that "Jenni dear, you need stress. Stress is what motivates you and keeps you going. And it keeps you in place." Words of wisdom once again from my dear friend.

As many of you know, I've been planning to go to America this summer. I was supposed to be one week in NYC and then one week in Michigan. But ... But. Money you know. I mean, there is this stupid thing called money. I have money it's not that, it's just that I don't think i have ENOUGH money for New York and Michigan .. and I was just there. I miss my family there everyday but I also know that they are there for me, they support me everyday and they won't forget me even thought it might take some time for me to see them again.

I knew Julia couldn't come to NYC this year and Sanni hadn't really made a decision yet. Only one who really wanted to go was Salla. But you know what, Salla is so great. I told her that: " Salla, I'm sorry honey but I really don't feel like going to America this summer. I was just there and it's a financial suicide for me. What if we would actually do what we planned to do last year? Go through Europe by train? " Salla was disappointed at first but when I asked about it 10min later she said "Oh, I'm fine.. I'm already looking at the map of France and started planning.

We are leaving on June 29th / Friday. First stop is Copenhagen .. from there it's:

Hamburg - Berlin - Auschwitz - Prague - Stuttgart - Paris - Dijon - Marseilles - The Pisa Tower - Rome - Naples - Florence - Venice and then if time Croatia and Budapest before flying home. 

I KNOW the plan is kinda daring and ambitious but ... to be frank, the only place we are determined to see and visit are Paris and Rome. So if we never make it to Berlin or Marseilles it's okay. We have plans to hop off from the train somewhere in Southern France, take pictures of the beautiful sights, eat and rest in Bed and Breakfast and move on. So NO, we have not set anything in stone except the day of departure and day of arrival. I have decided not to be in Facebook during this time but I think I'll do exception with you my dear blog and upload some pictures of the beautiful sights in the beautiful Europe.




So here is the plan :) Salla is the yellow line as she'll be flying from Scotland and I'll be flying to Sweden to say hi to my aunt and uncle before going home.

I can honestly say that I'm so excited. SUPER excited to be honest. I can't even google France or Italy as I just see myself and Salla in those landscapes having the time of our lives. 


Salla is in Vaasa in the end of this month so we get to finalize these plans and then .. Ready Set Go! 





This trip is also a test how well does this independent travelling suit me as I spy ... a similar trip to Asia in the near future. 


Before travelling, I still have tons and tons of things to do. I have a Emergency Aid course to get through and wrap up this Spring at the Playschool I work. But then, all hands on deck as I shall take over Europe like a storm <3 

Anyway. Waiting for Lasse to come over. He'll take over the computer and I take over the crystal beverage he is coming in with. Vodka my friend, you are welcome.

Have a good weekend ya'll!

Jenni

Ps. A serious blog post coming up soon, blog post about Fear. 

Ei kommentteja: