
We are living some very intersting times.
Finland is having presidential election at the moment and we are down from eight candidates to two. To be quite honest, I wasn't sure who to vote until yesterday. I had two strong candidates in my head and I was undecided. I didn't watch any debates on tv as I get annoyed when people are not allowed to speak more than 1 minute. I didn't really follow the news that much about the election either. I knew who I won't vote for from the very beginning. I wouldn't vote for those who have been part of the politics for ... too long and are over 70 years old.
I base my vote on my international experience. When I have traveled here and there in the past years, I've noticed how Finland is known as a country of intelligence. We are a land of knowledge. We have a woman president and women have been able to vote for so long now. People don't laugh at Finland. People laughed at George W. Bush. People laughed at Swedish King but people won't laugh at Finland.
Finland is not known for its tolerance. When "True Finns" won the election of the parliament last year, first time I saw and heard concern. "What is going on Finland? So it is true then about Finland and intolerance?" School shootings, Norway, political scandals - have raised concern. My co-worker the other day said that how can it be that life sentence in Finland is 12 years. Two years for rape. One year or less for pedophilia and fines for animal abuse and torture. Yes, thaaaat is Finland. We are the Great Nation in the North. This is Finland abroad.
So when it came down to the election I needed to think this. I don't really care about politics in our country, there are always the same parties and same faces - nothing ever changes. Blaa blaa blaa, money money money, must be funny in the rich mans world and so on. Niinistö, the presidental candidate for the National Coalition Party is here for the win. He is going to win. Everyone knows he is winning. He wins wins wins so why bother even voting right? That's when I got annoyed with myself.
:)
Kill Them With Kindness.
Jenni
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti