9.1.2012

Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk

Hello hello.

So Jordan is passed out in the guestroom floor where he has escaped my snoring. Emmit is there cuddling with him. He passed out because of exhaustion not from alcohol. Not this time.

After Chicago I've just .. laid low. I mean yes I'm in AMERICA but I'm not in America America, you know... in Livin La Vida Loca type of a holiday but just to lay low, get my shit together and sleep. Everything happens for a reason and the fact that my work with teens just ended and it was emotionally really hard on me.. I'm also ready for the new challenge. Been talking with Jordan hours and hours this week. On Friday we first talked hours in the car on our way to his family cabin and then we went for a late night walk and continued the discussion over the fire place. ... Approximately 8h hours of talking. And this is only Friday. I've talked and laughed so much the past week that I'm almost all talked out - almost.

Me and Jordan have saved the world at least three times. We went through topics from Presidential campaign to the life support - to pull the plug or not. (To pull!) I've met some of Jordan's friends and spent time with his roommate. We actually had a huge bicycle discussion the other day. I found out that Americans don't use the back of the back to carry friends but to carry stuff.. BUT that's why the food basket is in the front aye? When your friend is sitting behind you in the bike, everyone wins but the one doing the biking. So yea, a bit of cultural disconnection there.

I also met me old  class mate from the time I studied in Finlandia. She took me around Hancock/Houghton to see bits and places. I got to see how library for books and toys work and how things are done in Chinese/English playschool.

I also reunited with the KBC - the most comfortable bar in the world. KBC also makes beer that gets me drunk just by smelling it. "KBC blonde". So if you ever adventure the great Upper Peninsula make sure you stop by at the KBC.

Weekend was all about the big F. Family. Jordan's family have this GREAT cabin by the lake and I absolutely LOVE it. I've been there now six times and I always feel like home in there. Jordan has a lovely little brother Grant and I absolutely adore his niece Hailee. I've sent Hailee letters and cards since I left the States so it felt good to receive a bit hug because she knew who I was - thanks to those letters.

Anywho, besides late night walks in the woods. I finally dared myself to walk on the ice - been scared of that since I fell through. I also did some nail art with young ladies and went to visit Joanna and Jeffery in Iron Mountain. I also .. got to meet Travis <3 Travis is my absolutely gorgeous hunky hot guy friend from school. He is also my really good friend. He came to meet and greet me at Joanna's and me being a Finn - it was only proper to get him drunk. Travis stayed over and we had so much fun. The lovely evening ended with me having a little wrestling match with Jordan. For a no apparent reason. 

So yea. It's no 5 past midnight and my final week here in the States is about to start. Hopefully next week I get to see Lauren who is back in town. I also look forward of meeting Pam and Aggie. (Plus Kitti and MJ) Sadly all good things must come to an end and so will my stay here in the America. Imma spend these six days with my friends and family and come home more relaxed than ever. After talking with Jordan and playing with ideas I'm pretty sure what my next step is going to be and what I want to study in grad school.

Good night (and morning to Europe). Stay tuned.

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: