I'm so tired of hearing about fitness.
Fitness is everywhere now.
Fitness has taken over my instagram, no matter how much I try to pry on tattooed people - fitness comes up.
Fitness is in my Facebook even though I'm merely just trying to stalk people whose life I'm actually interested in, but nope, fitness again.
If I'd get a marble for each time I see some of these following words:
Fit
Workout
Fitness
Motivation
crossfit
Training
Healthy
Diet
Clean eating
Muscle
Abs
Titties
Booty
Tight
"Jenni, you are just lazy, fat and jealous for skinny girls. You should try to get fit so you'd understand!"
Well of course I'm jealous, only hard work gets you so far. And of course I feel a sting when I see these gorgeous ladies showing their butt muscles but that's not the point.
The point.I feel like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are our mirrors.
The amount of likes tells us we are getting better and looking hotter. Is the amount of likes the approval you are looking for? Is it the amount of compliments which feeds your self esteem?
Fit fit fit, we need to be fit. It's really rare to see fat people doing the same. Well who would like to see a fat girl working in the gym. Well I would because she actually has a reason to be there. "I'd be disgusted to see a picture of a lady walrus on my Facebook". Well I wouldn't mind because as ass is still an ass and I still have to see yours in mine so one fat ass here and there would make a nice change.
But here is the secret: fat people don't constantly need to be in front of the mirror and look for an improvement. Chubby people with fat thighs and a double chins learn to look at the mirror little less and try to work what they got. Fat people don't take photos of their butt cheeks but from above, that way your double chin is less obvious.I have to wonder, why is it so important to look fit?
No correction, why is it so important to show other people you are fit? Is it because it takes so much hard work to look good that hearing the compliments tell you that you are going somewhere? Why isn't it enough that mirror tells you the story "I look damn good!" Mind me for saying this, but it seems like it's the skinny bitches who need to be told they look good and help them to build their self esteem. Shouldn't it be vise versa? That skinny girls tell us fatsos that "work it honey and you can look like me" and not the fatsos telling the fit and fabulous ones "Looking good miss!"
You rarely see fat girls posting a full body photo asking for praise. But that could be just because they don't want to be called names and laughed upon.Fat people don't get to look good. We get to look fat.
Our selfies are not focused on the muscle but we like to show off our new hair do's and nails. That's what we are proud of: look at these nails. Follow for follow, tags for likes and so on.
I have nothing against fit people. I know many fit girls who work hard for their abs and should be praised but I'm more concerned over how it's trending. See what I got, like the way I'am.
In the recent months I've lost some weight. Not a lot but a little and my mum said "Jenni you look so great. You've lost a lot of kilos! Good work!" Well thanks mum. "Don't you feel better now? Better about yourself?" Absolutely, because I wasn't trying to get skinny but I was trying to eat healthier for my own sake, not tags for likes. In my family we have it all: Alzheimer's, sleeping apnea, breast cancer, psoriasis.. you name it and most definitely someone in my family has it. I already have psoriasis and quite surely also sleeping apnea. I have sensitive eyes which means that I can go from a glam to raccoon in a matter of minutes when the water starts running. So yea, losing weight most definitely will help me to be more healthy but I haven't changed. I'm still the same sarcastic bastard as I was before. BUT I've noticed how my way of thinking has changed, since I've lost weight I'm more cautious about my eating habits. When you lose it, you don't want it back.I check myself more and more from the mirror.
I take selfies of my face.
I do the twist, "Does my ass look fat in this".
All of the above I didn't do before because I had more kilos.
They say that fat people have low self esteem and very little restrain. They just eat those crisps and dip and let their waist band grow. "Those fatsos are just waiting to get diabetes and die" Well what if it's the fat girls who know how life should be lived. In stead being at the gym hours and hours they spent those hours in a cafe with a friend. When a fit girl is looking herself from the mirror, she tries to find ways to improve, ways to look better. - fat girl looks at the mirror and says "Well, at least my hair looks good today".Get you fat ass out there and start getting fit. There is no other way than the skinny way.
Who defines us? Is it men? Are women pressured by men to look good? But that doesn't explain all the fat girls with boyfriends? How many times has a skinny girl thought "I don't get it, why does that fat bitch have a boyfriend but I don't. Look at her. She is fat and I got these bad boys (abs)."

It's not about how you look from the outside, it's how you feel from the inside.
Beauty is to look good, and even though it's a cliche: one can look good from the outside but it's the inner beauty that takes the win.
Fat girls are very much aware that losing weight and getting fit is a difficult target, an ambitious goal. They learn compensate: I might never look like her but that's my own fault as I don't go to the gym. What else do I got? Well, I have nice eyes.
Before fitness it was to be skinny. But now that's not enough, first you lose the weight and then you start to build muscle. And the fat girls cry: for fuck sake, I just lost the weight now I need to spent an additional year at the gym to get muscles. When is it enough? When can I enjoy the results?

How many fit girls really do it for themselves? To put yourself first and then think about the others? That's where the insecurities lie, you should be fit for you - because it makes you feel good.
You feel empowered and strong because of your muscles, you are not doing it for the likes. Fit girls seem to forget that being fit is not their only good quality but there is so much more than meets the eye.
In the Summer I took upon myself to start going to the gym. And I started running, first I lasted only for 15min but then that turned into an hour and 15. I loved it and I can't wait to go back. Going for a zumba class and running for that hour made me feel good. It was only an hour out of my day, which I previously used to take a nap. Now that I don't have a gym membership and take naps I miss my gym. Sports give you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. But I do wonder, when does it stop being about endorphins and feeling good about yourself but starts to be about looking good for the sake of others.
Why can't fat and fit get along? I wish there was a hastag #fat trending in a good way. Fat people are not lazy and stupid for having extra junk in the trunk. They don't need your pity or your encouragement. "Just go to the gym and you'll feel better".
Well fuck you. Stop telling me what makes me feel good about myself and just focus on yourself and your own well being. I can enjoy my carb filled lunch while you eat that apple. I bet that keeps you warm at nights.
So no, I have nothing against you fit girls out there. Work it babes, feel good, stay motivated and admire the results. Bathe in the endorphins, put on your high heels on and show out those legs but do it for you. Facebook or instagram is not your mirror, you are. Remember that you are beautiful with your abs or no abs.
And all the fat girls out there, I know. We envy those skinny bitches out there and we feel like shit when the clothes don't fit and the jeans are too tight.
It's shitty to be the ugly friend and confidant. The famous:
"Is your friend single" and so on.
And hell it's annoying when we are told that "..if you would just lose some wright you'd feel better".
Like Bruno Mars says it: I love the way you are. I love the way I'am. I'm not perfect but no one is. But hey, the skinny bitches are not all wrong! They do have a point when they say that getting skinnier will make us healthier. We have only one life to live so maybe we don't need to eat all those donuts. Two is enough.
And let us remember: there are plenty of fish in the Sea, for the both of us: fits and fats.
xoxo: Jenni
Before fitness it was to be skinny. But now that's not enough, first you lose the weight and then you start to build muscle. And the fat girls cry: for fuck sake, I just lost the weight now I need to spent an additional year at the gym to get muscles. When is it enough? When can I enjoy the results?

How many fit girls really do it for themselves? To put yourself first and then think about the others? That's where the insecurities lie, you should be fit for you - because it makes you feel good.
You feel empowered and strong because of your muscles, you are not doing it for the likes. Fit girls seem to forget that being fit is not their only good quality but there is so much more than meets the eye.
In the Summer I took upon myself to start going to the gym. And I started running, first I lasted only for 15min but then that turned into an hour and 15. I loved it and I can't wait to go back. Going for a zumba class and running for that hour made me feel good. It was only an hour out of my day, which I previously used to take a nap. Now that I don't have a gym membership and take naps I miss my gym. Sports give you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. But I do wonder, when does it stop being about endorphins and feeling good about yourself but starts to be about looking good for the sake of others.
Why can't fat and fit get along? I wish there was a hastag #fat trending in a good way. Fat people are not lazy and stupid for having extra junk in the trunk. They don't need your pity or your encouragement. "Just go to the gym and you'll feel better".Well fuck you. Stop telling me what makes me feel good about myself and just focus on yourself and your own well being. I can enjoy my carb filled lunch while you eat that apple. I bet that keeps you warm at nights.
So no, I have nothing against you fit girls out there. Work it babes, feel good, stay motivated and admire the results. Bathe in the endorphins, put on your high heels on and show out those legs but do it for you. Facebook or instagram is not your mirror, you are. Remember that you are beautiful with your abs or no abs.
And all the fat girls out there, I know. We envy those skinny bitches out there and we feel like shit when the clothes don't fit and the jeans are too tight.
"Is your friend single" and so on.
And hell it's annoying when we are told that "..if you would just lose some wright you'd feel better".
Like Bruno Mars says it: I love the way you are. I love the way I'am. I'm not perfect but no one is. But hey, the skinny bitches are not all wrong! They do have a point when they say that getting skinnier will make us healthier. We have only one life to live so maybe we don't need to eat all those donuts. Two is enough.
And let us remember: there are plenty of fish in the Sea, for the both of us: fits and fats.
xoxo: Jenni
1 kommentti:
Sä oot mun idoli :)
T.Taija
Lähetä kommentti