
"Jenni are you so busy that you don't have the time to call us anymore?" Mum asked me today.
Well kinda. I've been busy with work to be honest. It's been good, last week was great actually. After being sick I recovered enough for the weekend for to make a quick trip to Hämeenlinna to say hi's to Tiia.

![]() |
| Tiia and Katri. |
We played .. my all time favorite board game "13th Dead End Drive" and "Cluedo". The game was intense but in the end, I was victorious in both games. Mari stopped by at Tiia's and after a while we three went to the local bar and Mari went home.
![]() |
| 13th Dead End Drive - Classic! |

And Oh My God, it was legendary. I mean... our dance moves were so disgusting and embarrassing but it didn't matter because we had so much fun. All three of us were barely drunk but were able to let ourselves go, relax and focus completely on having fun and we danced. We danced the rap music, the techno and the pop music.
We were moshing at one point and then there was a bit of moonwalk included as well. I don't know if it was the lack of oxygen or what but after 2am the men in the bar went a bit nuts and shirts were off and places were grabbed and touched. At one point I said to Katri, "this is getting a bit too much for me".
The bitches in the bar didn't really appreciate us stealing the spotlight and tried their best sexy moves to get the men to notice them.. But to be fair, I was there to hang out with my girls and didn't care at all about the boys, I wasn't there to get some!
But I do admit that there was a little flirting involved but little flirting has never hurt anyone, right?
Sunday noon me and Katri headed back to Helsinki and said our goodbyes.And work work work ... Funny thing did happen at work on Thursday.
I was at the resting room with the kiddies and I could feel that my leg was a bit numb but I couldn't really start moving it around so I kept my place and ignored it. When the child I was there to sit next to fell asleep I got up but before I could say "Halleluja" I fell face down to the ground. It was awful and made a horrible amount of noise. Luckily non of the kids woke but I started to laugh hysterically and I had to drag my sleeping leg out of the room. I told the other teachers what had happened as they head a ruckus in the room. Anyway, the next day nothing alike happened because I had learned my lesson.
THIS week I did however .. make my first snowman. One of my coworkers said to me that: "Jenni .. I think you are being more protective over your snowman than you are over the children!"
She was not lying. But c'moon. That's a great wee snowman :)
Friday came and after my 3h nap I tidied up the place and had some wine. Salla joined me after work and then I noticed that Anni had sent me message to come over to her place to have some more wine. It was 11pm but I had the Saturday off and Salla had the evening shift so we went to Anni's house. We stayed at Annis till 3am until we got sooo tired and came back home... only to wake up with a horrible hangover. It's so unfair that I had such a bad hangover today as I wasn't even drunk and we didn't even go out. There I was, spending quality time with our bathroom.
BUT I recovered and started baking. I baked some laskiaispulla (shrove bun). Laskiaispulla is a sweet bun with whip cream and jam. AND it's delicious.(Traditional Finnish Shrovetide delicacy of Swedish origin: sweet yeast dough buns halved and filled with almond paste/jam and whipped cream.)
Vanessa and Merlin came over. Vanessa has just traveled in Thailand with her boyfriend so she came in to share some stories and laughs :) And of course she had her CUTE dog Merlin with her, he is such a good dog and we are always happy to have him over :)
That it for this week. KIND OF.
Tomorrow morning I'm off to Ikea to get some house stuff to spruce up the place. We are having visitors in a few weeks time and next weekend we are off to Estonia :)
I've been in Helsinki a little over an month now and I must say, it's been a good month :) Thank you friends and thank you Helsinki! More of this!
Jenni










Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti