This was supposed to be a epic posting about my booze cruize with the girls to Estonia. But .. it's not. As for the first time in my life, I have tonsillitis. This all started last week. First I thought I was miserable because that-time-of-the-month was approaching but noooo ... this was something else. All Wednesday I was a bit off. Nothing felt quite right but I thought I was just being paranoid. Everyone around me was talking about being sick so I thought to myself I'm being bananas. Which I wasn't. Early, REALLY early on Thursday morning I had the shivers and before I knew it .. fever was up to 39c / 102.2f. Then my throat started to ache. Poor Salla had to help me to get stuff as I really couldn't do anything on my own. And I was mean, bad case of man flue right here. Tired, mean and cranky as hell. On Friday I went to the doctors only to be freaked out by the doctor lady:
"How is your speech? Clear enough?"
--- It's fine. I guess.
"Has anyone noticed any changes in your speech?"
--- No, my roommate hasn't said anything
"Are you able to drink water?"
--- Yeaa, but it really hurts.
She was pondering should she send me to the hospital to be sure I get enough fluids or stay home. I said to the Doctor Lady that I have walked here all by myself so I'm sure I can make it back home too. And it's been better now. I'm still not myself completely, my throat still hurts but I'm not between this world 'n that world anymore. I've been dozing of for three days now. I'm soo fed up being bed bound. What I've been doing while being awake is watching some quality tv.
SPOILER alert! for those who are not in America time with the Vampire Diaries or the New Girl.
In my days as a tv addict I've seen a plenty of onscreen making out / action / doing it but Jess' and Nicks kiss in the New Girl was h o t. Daym.
So I decided to make a Kiss-list. (Hey, home bound for five days, you start making nonsense lists too.)
Here is my top
Innocent kisses like.. Jess and Rory, Gilmore Girls. Season 2. Second First Kiss.
"Are you going to smoke that cigarette?"
Forbidden Love Kiss. Buffy and Angel.
Angel was almost every teenagers crush in the 90s. And Buffy too. I'm just saying. She was / still is hot as hell.
First Kiss?
Season one of Roswell, on episode 9 in the end of the episode "Heat Wave" these two finally kissed and Oo-la-la were my teenage hormones on fire. I think I called Johanna1 and an emergency call and basically screamed to the phone; "DID YOU SEE THAT KISS" and both of us had recorded it to our VCR cassettes and rewinded to witness that kiss again and again.
That Sex Scene
Not the biggest Grey's fan at all but those too, back in season 2 season finale.. but after the dog dying and the veterinarian being wonderful, and intense Isabel-episodes with Denny. Meredith and Derek 'do it' at exam room. Enough said.
...and then there is the one where they do the deed in season 4. I think all the Delena fans, like myself were thinking that daym, Nina Dobrev (Elenas actress) gets to tap that every night - she is one lucky girl.
What else? The ones above were the ones I remembered instantly. But after thinking for a while there is ..
Anyway. There are still dozens of onscreen couples I could write about: Summer and Seth from the OC. Monica and Chandler from Friends, Pam and Jim (the Office), Booth and Brennan (Bones) Joey and Pacey (Dawson's Creek) .. Sex and The City .. Carrie and Big saying the I Do's .. and so on, it just would take forever.
And there must be something epic about the kiss for me to remember it till today, like the one in Roswell or when Veronica and Logan kissed. Kisses on screen will come and go. I think it's more about the sex anyway these days. How far can you go before its porn? (Yes, looking at you Lena Dunham and Girls!) but that's a whole another blog post. This blogpost was just a random one, inspired by the New Girl and this kiss:
PHEEW, that was something else.
I think I almost took of my pajamas, got myself dressed and went out to look for some action.
But I didn't.
Thought about it but it was too much work so instead I continued with some mischievous thoughts for a while and then I let it go. Until now of course. Lying here on my sick bed has gotten me thinking about all these romantic scenes from the past. From my own life and from the fictional side of life too.
Good tv is just good company when you are not too enthusiastic about having any real people around. Especially when you lie there with your high fever, having trouble drinking water, too tired chat and way too out of it too keep up with conversation .. turn on the tv and catch up with some quality series. I'm very bad with movies as I don't have the patience to sit still and focus for the movie at hand for the full hour (not to even mention the two hour movies!) If the movie is at all boring I start doing other stuff. Like making cards and browsing online. I'm the worst company to watch movies with.
NCIS: Los Angeles, Kensi and Deeks SECOND kiss.. first one doesn't count as it was done during an undercover operation so there will be another one, in some day in some other episode :)
On the side note, first new years promise broken! Sad face / but not really..
Winnie The Witch books! OH I loooove Winnie! She is one of my favorite illustrated characters! Favorite one is Nemi, the goth chick from Norway:

And yea.
So love, lust and comics. Could be worse I guess? I think Imma back away slowly from my computer and off to read some romance. ARGH, still two days inbound before new set of tests.
Oh kids. Never do any kind of drugs. Last night, after my nice cocktail of pills (doctors orders!) I was a bit paranoid. I was SURE as hell that the police was after me. My sensible and rational self KNEW that the police was NOT after me but the part of me was sure I was going to be dragged to jail. That I had broken the law and going to be arrested (which of course wasn't true). I was so fucked up that decided that once I get off these meds, I continue avoiding the stuff with the best of my abilities.
Peace out. Police is your friend. I guess.
Jenni.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti