26.1.2013

Diets, Earrings And All That Other Girl Stuff Too


Being sick is just super boring.

I'm mean it's so so boring. I'm one of those that when you are sick - you stay at home. I know it's not like I'm in bed rest and not allowed to move or leave the house but when you are sick - you are sick and if you can't go to work you can't go anywhere else either. 

And I'm bored. Oh, so so bored.

What do I do when I'm bored? I do online shopping. Well, if Salla was home I would have been annoying her with the best of my abilities but she was sensible enough to go home this weekend so here I'm. On my own and decided to do some online shopping.

To be fair. This busy life of mine in Helsinki I have lost a few pounds.. Well. To be honest. I've lost quite a few pounds this year.

Here is a proof.



Looking past the blonde hair (which is the biggest change is guess) my cheeks are a bit skinnier and so on. So all this got me thinking that a new year and new found confidence needs some new clothes!

Spring Awakening definitely needs some pink and light green trousers !
(Thank you H&M!)



AND

these were in discount!



.. when you got some new trousers you also need a shirt and a dress too! (ASOS)






So there. I know I should be saving money but hey, I'm turning 26 soon and girl needs to treat herself with nice things every now and then!

So how am I losing weight?

Well.

I quit the carbs. Kinda.

Basically first of June (2012) I said to myself, alright. I don't do gym - what can I do? I don't eat that much but I don't eat the good stuff. So if I quit the bad stuff and try with the better stuff will that change anything.

It has changed things and that was basically the last time I had pasta or white wheat in my house. I don't eat microwave food. I quite having sugar and milk in my coffee. I quit drinking tea with sugar.

It's still not that I'm intensively trying to quit everything. Quite the opposite. I still eat candy and crisps but I try to downsize it. Buy a smaller pack and not everyday. I also take these small tablets to control my cravings for sugar. I'm most definitely a sugar addict.

I worked first in an amusement park with sweets and candy for four summers, then I worked in a candy shop and lived an year in America which is like the promised land of saturated goods. It's not easy to quit everything and change your way of life - the only way you've lived it for years but little by little my body is adjusting to the new diet.

Fact is that I still work with children and I eat potatoes and wheat there - I mean, for realz, you can't really tell the children "Yea see this fat - comes from this food". So I enjoy my daily meal but I don't need to eat anything as heavy at home. Usually I make a salad to myself or I eat some fish. It's not easy now that I live with Salla who eats noodles and such as I don't eat the stuff anymore.

 Keeping your diet is difficult but at least so far I've been successful innit. My only concern is that I drink alcoholic beverages more now that I did in the Autumn so I need to keep my eye on that. Also to balance things out I have a gym membership starting from February so yea, I'm doing stuff differently than I did a year ago. Also I must say being blonde has also given me such a confidence boost. It's so much fun to be blonde. I do think people treat you differently or then you are just more confident when your hair is all Marilyn Monroe!

Because I already started telling about my new wardrobe Imma share my other addiction:

A c c e s s o r i e s . 

I loooove myself some earrings and necklaces!


I mean, when you work with children you can't always wear what you want to wear but with rings and necklaces you can really make a boring white T more than that.

When my mums hubby was carrying stuff one of the boxes fell open and out came 10 or more sunglasses. Hubby asked me if it's necessary to have ALL those glasses with, why couldn't I just choose a few. With horrid face I said: It's not like you can wear the same sunglasses with all your clothes. (Well, except if you have black Raybans, those fuckers go with everything!)




The earings pictures there are just .. a very small portion of what I have. In these days I'm into these: 


Earring cuffs!

They are great! I have some collected but not as many as I would like...

When you pimp up your outfit, it's the small things that matter.



Also what I do to mix things up a bit is nail polish  I'm not as good nail artist or obsessed as Johanna is but I've grown to like clean nails with all kinds of nail polish. Last Sunday I couldn't decide which color use so painted them with all sorts! And the children loved it:

Boy: Why do you have so many colors on your nails? 

"Because I couldn't decide what I wanted!"

"I like black and blue colors!" Said a boy age of 5.

But when it comes to style I'm so far off compared to Johanna and Salla who live for the stuff. I just like to play with colors and accessories. When it comes to those two they know their fashion shit. Salla has said that I'm useless when it comes to knowing the labels and brands. My brothers fiance works for a big cosmetic company and I get the 'good stuff' from her every know and then and got some frustrated sighs when I didn't know who Helena Rubinstein was. (Helena Rubinstein)

I love my own personal style. I have a very specific style and I'm all about matching. I very much think what I wear and I love when accessories match with what I'm wearing. The other day when I was going to work in the Swedish daycare I thought it would be a perfect occasion to wear my Svea hat. Salla passed me by and said: Of course you would wear Svea today! 


What else is up beyond this fashion and woman stuff?

Not much anything new.

I've worked most of the week until I lost my voice on Thursday. I've been forever so happy to meet up with Iiro, Anni and my Godmother.

Out of all of my Helsinki friends I've met up with 90% of them, (took only three weeks or so!) and life is good. I met up with my Godmother the other day and .. she is so much fun.

She is a lot like me, loud and doesn't do bullshit. She doesn't sugar code anything but she is who she is and always done things on her way. She moved to Helsinki when she was 23 and has lived here every since. She is a very small lady but has a presence like no other. She has always, all my life been there for me. Not maybe every weekend but she has never missed a birthday and always treated me within my age. When I was a kid, I was a kid and now that I'm grown up she treats me as such. She is one of the family members that I truly cherish :) We drank wine and dined at the Virgin Oil for hours and hours. When I was about to call it a night she said "Not just yet! We need an after drink too!" So we went for after drinks. I was so drunk when I left home that I took the wrong metro. Oops.

Oh, but what will February - which is FINALLY here (well almost) - bring!

First weekend of February I have an engagement party to attend to. And we are doing a BIG shopping trip to Ikea. Salla needs stuff and I do too.

Then me, Salla and Katri are off to Estonia. It will totally be a booze cruise. 

Laura will be in town mid February. Valentines Day and Katri's birthday party!

Sami and Johanna will be in town for Johannas birthday in the late Feb.

And then it's March and Spring!

I know it's still very much winter all around but hey, it's not THAT dark anymore! It's getting better by the day. In December it got dark at 3pm -- now the lights are still on after 5pm :) And .. the Sun is back! Last week when the Sun was up and shining for good three days in a row you could see the effect that Sun has on us. Everyone was feeling better. Including me. Well before I got sick.

Anyway.

I'm off to bed as I'm going to Hämeenlinna tomorrow to meet Africa people :)

Love and Peace,

Jenni

Ei kommentteja: