| Glam in the forest! |
To be fair, I wrote this already in last Saturday but took it down as my spelling was very terrible and most of the text didn't make any sense.
So, time to smell the mushrooms again!
First of all!
Wonderful to see that my like button in Facebook is actually working and I have so many new readers now! So thank you for the supportive likes, I shall continue blogging then.
Oh, if you haven't liked this great blog of mine, please do cause I ask you to. Because my blog is my baby and it's not polite not to like someones baby!
My Facebook Page <- go click and like!
Okay and then to this weeks topic.
F o r e s t.
Every week, we take the children to the forest. Finns are very forest-y and tree lover kind of people like so we try to teach our children and the new generations to appreciate what we have, where we come from and what is the Finnish heritage and so on.
If I'd get a coin for every time I've heard a Finn say:
"We don't have a lot but we have the forest. That's where we come from!"
Too bad, I'm not that much into all the wood stuff.
It's one of the many weird anomalies that I carry. Normal Finn loves the forest, the sauna, the winter, the beer, the deer, the missionary, the depressive music and the One Finland To Rule Them All attitude but not me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm pro nature and haven't dropped a single trash to the nature since I saw a documentary about a seal dying to plastic but ... but ingh, forest has all these creepy crawlers which I carry out of the forest too. Because everytime I'm in the forest I walk into a massive spiders web and bring home some unwanted souvenirs.
Dragonflies Jenni? Dragonflies, why on Earth are you afraid of dragonflies?
Well let me tell you why.. Once I heard a story of a friend of mine who got a dragonfly stuck in her hair. And when you tried to get the dragonfly off it was alive and afraid and then there was scissors used and ... no. I'm afraid those fuckers get stuck on my hair. So my coworkers have been laughing at me for running around the Playschool yard trying avoid dragonflies.
Wasps, bees and bumblebees. You know, I don't mind them really. I mean especially bumblebees, they work hard and really don't care for us but when I was six and playing around the yard one of those fellows accidentally flew under my skirt and I got six stings from the fucker and since then ... dragonflies and bumblebees are in my to avoid list.
![]() |
| One of those fuckers |
Wasn't that full of creepy crawlers?
F u c k y e s.
Still today if there is something black on the floor I'm sure it's a cockroach, I mean dear baby Jesus I was terrified of those..and they were everywhere. In the cereal, in the rice, in our bathroom, on our sealing, on our clothes, under our beds, on our wall.... I just get the heebiejeebies thinking about those fuckers.
That one from the picture was taken by Hannele from our house in Kenya. I did not enjoy these ones that much.
![]() |
| One of the bigger fuckers |
One of the parents asked me:
Umm, yeaaaa ..... You know we go there to look at things .. things such as trees and flowers and then we umm, sniff the mushrooms and .. wait. NO. We don't sniff any mushrooms, I mean we look at mushrooms and such.
Luckily this was a very cool parent and just laughed at my mushroom sniffing.
That's pretty much it. For now.
Now.
I'm off to do some internet searching about housing and jobs in Helsinki.
Yea, did I now mention that .. I'm moving there in December and I'll be roommates with Salla once again! Well, more of that later!
Have a good weekend ya'll!
Jenni


Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti